Can anyone explain in laymans terms why your gear sound better after warm up

I get burn in... should be called burn off just to get the manufacturing process off all the different manufacturers and parts to sweat off the packaging and sealants. But a light bulb is on or off. So SS gear in theory should sound the same. A light bulb does not get brighter after an hour. Is it your ears get programmed? Or is there and actual technical reason that it sounds better? Please pretend Im a four year old cause with Electronics I am.

-ALLGOOD
128x128haywood310
THANK YOU "Millicarbon", for the interesting and informative response! I got about 85 percent of what you wrote and will research the other 15%. If we ever meet at an Audio show or somewhere else Amber or Stout its on me. Again Thank you for the kindness and education!

" Pretty sure its gonna take an PhD EE X 3 / Designer or Nelson Pass to give us a real answer here about Solid State gear and warm up . And I personally think music sounds better with beer. Haha! Please lets not debate Amber or Stout.
All gear warms up. Any device attached to said gear must operate within design parameters as the gear warms up. It stands to reason that somewhere within the safe operating temp range there is an optimum or "goldilocks" value where the device operates best. 

Best guess is to say that it's not at it's coldest or not at it's hottest, leaving that area in between where it's performing at it's best.

Just to boggle your mind a bit, here's some experts takes on temp limits of capacitors from some pretty smart people: https://www.researchgate.net/post/Whats_the_meaning_of_the_limitation_of_the_temperature_of_the_capacitors
Granted, it's off topic a bit but it's relevant in that devices will warm up regardless of how you feel about it's performance so it stand to reason that the devices do have an optimum operating temp, and it's not at it's lowest range, at least with respects to audio gear.

All the best,
Nonoise
Yes... that will make your head hurt! love "2D" that was coined in the posts. Fascinating read... Thanks for the head ache... haha Just kidding I enjoyed it! Straight Vulcan Science Center. 
Pretty sure its gonna take an PhD EE X 3 / Designer or Nelson Pass to give us a real answer here about Solid State gear and warm up .

A perfectly natural enough assumption to make. In fact they're the last ones to ask. Not that there aren't any bona fide EE audiophiles. There are. But look around. A lot of the best guys in high end are just regular guys with no formal training just a profound love of music and sound. Not to mention when those guys answer a question, well you said you got 85% of my answer, need to look up 15%. Which you should! Always say DYODD! But try asking a EE. I'll be surprised if you get 15%. Heck a lot of those guys even I don't understand that much. (Its not us- its them.)

A
nd I personally think music sounds better with beer. Haha! Please lets not debate Amber or Stout. 

No argument there. You can pour me a black and tan any time.
But try asking a EE. I'll be surprised if you get 15%.

Was there something that wasn't clear in my answer?

-- Al (BSEE, MSEE, JD)