Resale prices for Oppo Digital Universal Players

May I ask the forum to explain to me the disparity in the asking and bid prices for various preowned and some new Oppo Digital Universal Players for sale on Audiogon and on another well known resale site?  I'm seeing prices all over the scale.  I know they're no longer manufactured but the asking and bid prices don't seem to make any sense.  For example, there's a BDP-93 manufactured in 2011 with an asking price is $250.00, another one built in 2010 at $310.00 and another at $150.00 similar vintage.  There's a BDP-95 Blu-ray Universal Player for sale at $643.00.  There's a UDP-205 for $3,000.00 manufactured in 2017.  There's a BDP-83SE that's 10 years old with an asking price of $433.00. There are three new UDP-205s with asking prices from $3,699.00, $4,999.00 & $5,295.00 !!  The UDP-205s new were $1,299.00 when they became available.  There's a new UDP-203 built in 2016 at $820.00......new they were $549.00.  I own a BDP-103 from 2014 purchased brand new at $500.00 and it's still in excellent condition.  What is that worth should I decide to sell it here may I ask?         
pdn
I have a Oppo UDP-205 and love the way it sounds. But if anyone is really willing to pay $$$$ to play SACD/CDs, then look for the latest Technics SACD player or the Marantz Ruby SACD  or a Yamaha S2100 player. There is no denying that the Oppo is a fantastic player for the original price.
The professional reviewers liked the UDP-205 at the price of $1295.00  (I could write a book on the dubious nature of “professional reviewers”.)
I highly doubt one of them would recommend it at the current prices. I bought the Marantz Ruby player after I sold my 205 and there is simply no comparison between the two. Yes, the Ruby has a significantly higher MSRP, but when the 205 is selling in that neighborhood, I have to point out how silly that is. 
I understand that many people find the 205 to be fine sounding, however, in what type of system? If it’s being used in systems that are not very resolving such as receivers and low price integrated amps, it will be fine. When the price jumps up to the 3k plus range, then it must be judged against other components in that price range and here is where it falls flat. In a high resolving system, it’s problems become very noticeable. The mids and highs become very digital sounding.
Again, for $1295.00 it’s a reasonably good product. But I caution anyone thinking of paying an absurd price for one of those to first compare it to other products in the same price range that you are considering paying for an Oppo.
One more thing. I have been in and out of the high end audio business for more years than I would like to admit. I urge you to take “professional reviewers” opinions with a grain of salt. There was a case where a well respected reviewer required a very expensive dinner and many bottles of wine just to review a product. Reviews based upon receiving long term loans of equipment. How many pages of advertising bought. I’ve seen and heard it all. Very common knowledge in the industry. When’s the last time you read a truly negative review?

I understand that many people find the 205 to be fine sounding, however, in what type of system?
@briano,
Looks like you have some kind of rub against Oppo. My system is listed under my moniker. If you cared to look into it you would have found out. You do not list your system, you have less than 20 posts, come here and claim BS on Oppo. And you expect us to trust you rather than the reviewers? At least reviewers discuss about what they currently own and what they did to review the product.
No one here is encouraging other users to buy the Oppo at the current asking prices. But when a poster repeatedly beats around the same bush, something is fishy, especially about such posters.

Milpai

You caught me. I’m trying to drive down the cost of UDP-205 players universally so I can buy them all up and corner the market. You’re too smart for me.
My system consists of Octave electronics, Wilson Yvette speakers, Marantz Ruby CD, Linn LP12, various Synergistic, Nordost, Analysis Plus, Shunyata, etc. wires, power cords, interconnects, and power conditioners. I don’t care enough to list all the specific components and model numbers. I had no idea the number of posts determined ones credibility. Continue enjoying your 205.

How does your Ruby do with Multi-Channel??  Right....it doesn't. I have a SA-10...guess what...it doesnt compete with my Luxman D-08u or Esoteric K-01X. (But I bet its better than your budget Ruby)

I still have half a dozen Oppo's laying around. WHY?  Because its a Universal Player that can be used as a transport that can be teamed up with a Better Dac. POWER CHORDS also improve the performance drastically on the Oppo's. Its obvious to me you are clueless as to why a Oppo might be beneficial to many in this hobby for its jack of all trades ability. For somebody with SOOOO much experience its amazing how ignorant your comments are.