The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
The meridian sound is rather cool and hard vs many other players. Warmth, suppleness and contrast can be had in other comparable players.
Great thread. I just bought a Rega Apollo and am using van der hul ICs to a Cambridge Audio 640R receiver then to Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand speakers.

But honestly I can't tell the difference between this and my much cheaper new Samsung bluray player with optical out. Both sound dandy. What am I missing here, folks? I was hoping I wouldn't need golden ears to detect this upgrade.

I had a musician friend with big ears over and blind-tested him and he preferred the Samsung.My heart sank. We were listening to new cd of Miles Davis SKETCHES OF SPAIN. Nice full-range recording. We tested two minutes of A, two minutes of B, and so forth and so on.
i'm musician as well, I guess musicians prefer a more realistic presentation, i mean hi-fi music is like can food, it can't beat live concert, though some systems do reproduce toward that goal, with the right system, one can tune the sound to either laid back or more aggressive, so I'm just guessing cuz i haven't heard samsung blue ray, it's probably quite different from Rega Apollo. In the end of the day it's down to personal taste, i heard people who own expensive system auditioned and upgraded to something cheaper. So i say go for the one your ears like, if you like to cheaper one, that's even better.
I love my Talk 6 cd player. We should be hearing some about this player as it is spectacular regardless price.
i cant beleive so many people like sony. never owned anything by sony i was pleased with.