chop stick holders.

I just noticed that chop stick holders hold the chopsticks about 1/2 inch, or 1 cm, from the table.I thought they might make good cable risers. They're cheap and made of wood or bamboo.You will need quite a few, so low cost is important.I've never used cable risers and I'm a bit skeptical, but this is might be a cheap way to experiment rather than let my uninformed bias rule!
steamboy
I've never used cable risers and I'm a bit skeptical, but this is might be a cheap way to experiment rather than let my uninformed bias rule!

Its called proof of concept: Will elevating work? Elevate and see. That's exactly what I did. Only I didn't buy anything. Why, when books and cups and a hundred other things are just laying around the house?

Only after doing this enough times with enough different materials to prove the concept, only then did I buy a set of Cable Elevators. 

Then as it turns out the more resolving things get thanks to little improvements like elevating the easier it gets to hear other little improvements, like elevating interconnects, and power cords, and routing them in nice smooth arcs that stay away from other cables.

But one thing at a time. What did it sound like when you tried your first experiment like this?
My Home Depot has the 2.25" tall Grip-Rite Plastic Rebar High Chairs in a 20-pk. for $3.60.
Great suggestion!  In a hobby filled with uber-expensive tweaks, you can go crazy for under $5.  Love it.