What's Worth More on the Open Market - Your Records or Your Audio Gear

Have anyone of you actually calculated this ?

What's your personal ratio ?

I have not looked into this in any detail, and have if anything, only recently.....

Told family members (not my wife) 8^0..........something along the lines of ........." this piece of equipment is worth ......this (xxxx) ......." 

I have, told all family members that they could probably start an Ebay Record Selling Career; if their own career doesn't pan out.... with what is contained in the house. I don't think they are buying this idea ......right now.

This has me a little concerned.  

I assume the good records will only go up in value.  

Some gear I own, I believe is in this same state of fluctuating upward values.

Interested in your opinions, and findings on the subject.    Have you crossed this bridge yet ?  

128x128ct0517
Chris,

No walk-out, but I still have the strength to lift a fully loaded rack.

Now, how I'd feel the next day??????
Another thought, I bet I'd have an easier time being reimbursed for my gear than my lps.
"...and will have no idea why anyone would possess thousands of pounds of discs that take up so much space."
I am already wondering, and I do own some.
@bdp24 ...Bonzo Dog !?  You have BDDDB? *L*

Wonderful...there's hope in these pages yet....;)

Now, if anyone has the Sadistic Mika Band LP, I really would be shocked...*L* (Japanese; a quirky little treat....*G*)

I don't own anywhere near the stated quantities, but...never got into owning Everything, due to a somewhat 'nomadic' lifestyle.  Tended to shed equipment as well, to some degree.

The only thing that's made the journey is a Niles Audio CPM-31; an analog switch matrix.  Rare; most seem to have destroyed. *shrug*
Go figure....
glupson
"...and will have no idea why anyone would possess thousands of pounds of discs that take up so much space."

I am already wondering, and I do own some.

^^^^^
There are those "disillusionment" words again. Now if you don’t own a working turntable, then I am wondering too. Unless one is in the business of buying and selling online records.

otherwise.

I am reminded of this guy I know that has a farmers field. This guy doesn’t grow anything, but he has amassed a large number of boats on it. All kinds.....small, large, aluminum tinnies to larger boats with stoves and beds.

People ask him why he has so many boats. He will never be able to use all of the them. He says, "because each one floats, and is able to take me to a special place".