What's Worth More on the Open Market - Your Records or Your Audio Gear

Have anyone of you actually calculated this ?

What's your personal ratio ?

I have not looked into this in any detail, and have if anything, only recently.....

Told family members (not my wife) 8^0..........something along the lines of ........." this piece of equipment is worth ......this (xxxx) ......." 

I have, told all family members that they could probably start an Ebay Record Selling Career; if their own career doesn't pan out.... with what is contained in the house. I don't think they are buying this idea ......right now.

This has me a little concerned.  

I assume the good records will only go up in value.  

Some gear I own, I believe is in this same state of fluctuating upward values.

Interested in your opinions, and findings on the subject.    Have you crossed this bridge yet ?  

128x128ct0517
^^^^
makes sense.
Last year I started giving thoughts to culling records I know now I have no interest in. The handful of local transactions (to avoid shipping) groups of 10 -25 lps are not worth mentioning. What I think is worth mentioning however, is the interest I found from buyers in the record jacket itself, with little regard to the condition of the LP. These jackets to be used for Wall Art in the persons space somewhere.    

My records are worth more (to me) than my gear. I guess that's all that matters.
Exactly @slaw. If the house were burning down, and I had to choose which to save, no contest. The eq can be easily replaced, the music not.
yes, for some it's a decoration, like filling a bookcase with books; having a rack of LP's but no turntable...
^^^^
the 25 movie soundtracks I sold won’t look like much in a rack. But displayed like this

https://retrorenovation.com/2013/04/01/record-album-cover-art/

in a Home Theater Room.

@bdp24
If the house were burning down, and I had to choose which to save, no contest. The eq can be easily replaced, the music not.

So Eric ...if you were given just one opportunity to go in and grab an arm load - say 100 records - one cube of an Ikea Expedit.

Do you know which you would Grab? Anyone ?

or does one get so confused in a situation like this - too many choices - and you end up just grabbing your hopped up , tricked out preamp - phono stage....? I can't lift my turntable kit by myself.  8^(