What's Worth More on the Open Market - Your Records or Your Audio Gear

Have anyone of you actually calculated this ?

What's your personal ratio ?

I have not looked into this in any detail, and have if anything, only recently.....

Told family members (not my wife) 8^0..........something along the lines of ........." this piece of equipment is worth ......this (xxxx) ......." 

I have, told all family members that they could probably start an Ebay Record Selling Career; if their own career doesn't pan out.... with what is contained in the house. I don't think they are buying this idea ......right now.

This has me a little concerned.  

I assume the good records will only go up in value.  

Some gear I own, I believe is in this same state of fluctuating upward values.

Interested in your opinions, and findings on the subject.    Have you crossed this bridge yet ?  

128x128ct0517
as a correction to my previous post, I should have said this was my first "serious, heartfelt post".  I have made a few comments in the past.

-Bob
I paired my collection down from about 15k records to just under 2K. The ones that are left are the usual collector pieces. I think now quality vs quantity. I know of a local collector who has just over 100K records, unfortunately he probably has no more than 50-100 that are collector pieces . The rest just take up a ton of space! Tons of quantity..and no quality. Lots of very large collections are like this IME.
There's not enough available time in an average life to listen to 100,000 LP's even one time each.
Vinyl definitely has its place, as well as streaming.  I don’t have the space anymore for vinyl due to an upcoming move/downsize, so have been enjoying music through my new Node 2i.  Nice sound quality through Qobuz, with no pops or cleaning routine.   I even can find most of my old collection, as well as lots of stuff I’ve been looking for.  
You have to look for the collegial forums on Audiogon.  Might I suggest “”What’s on your turntable tonight”? Great bunch of music lovers over there. https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/whats-on-your-turntable-tonight