How can we hear the difference in cables in a bad room?

Hi after spending the last months measuring my room with REW and reading about room acoustic in small rooms.
I began to wonder how we can hear differences in equipment when the frequency respons in most rooms are bad.

Just think about it! a power cable - why can you hear a difference? is it a timing issue, noise? are the human hearing much more sensitiv to delay / phase issues than frequencies.

If you have knowledge in this area then I would love to be educated (:

Happy new year to all of you. 

martin-andersen
Another good book I have if you really want to get down in the weeds is "Master Handbook of Acoustics" sixth edition by F. Alton Everest and Ken C. Pohlmann. It covers how the human ear/brain perceives sound as well as many other audio topics.
I really need to improve my English and sorry for that.

My room ain't so bad that I can not hear the difference between cables and other equipment.

I have treated room. it's not perfect but it's the bass I am having trouble with.

My question was more like a "why can we hear such small changes when a typical frequency in a small room looks really bad in the area 20-400 and most rooms also have a very uneven decay time RT60"