Upgrade path from Windows laptop music server

I think my old HP laptop is the weak point in my system.  It's an i5 with 8meg connected to a Benchmark DAC (may be upgraded) over a Wireworld USB.  I'm running JRiver to play my 200 ripped CD'S, listen to Radio Paradise and WWOZ Internet radio, and have just signed up to Qobuz high-res.  I thought I was computer literate but the array of new options for computer audio is intimidating.  So, asking for guidance.  My goal is the best sound, which I see as delivering the best signal to the DAC.

Should I keep the laptop but configure a network bridge from SOtM, Sonore, or others?  This is all new to me.
If so, should I/ can I run Ethernet from nearby router to bridge?
Will JRiver still work?
Are there great laptops that solve the problem? (assuming there is a problem)
Do I trash the laptop altogether?

I want to end up with something with a good user-interface free of arcane techy complexity.

Thanks for any advice or past experience 

electroslacker
@Jazzman7: In your #1 / Bluesound route, where would electroslacker store his music files? Or is that option only for streaming, no files?
TIA
I was using my laptop with windows 10 and jriver to stream. I think the weak point is the computer because it is not a dedicated streaming device. I bought a bluesound node 2i and the difference was immediately noticed. Buying a streamer with only one purpose and operating software is the best way to go. There are many great streamers and servers that will be much better than a multi-use computer.
You just transfer data using async USB.  Computer shouldn't make any difference, except it might inject more or less of electrical noise.  Faster computer might be even worse.  Amount of memory doesn't make any difference.  Another method of delivery like Ethernet might be better or worse - you have to try.  I would make sure that the cable you use has only data connection (no power wires).  In addition you can try USB isolator.
I'm slowly awakening 😊 I really appreciate the info.

I think I'm willing to ditch the laptop but unsure if there is any way to recover my ripped CD's and meta-data, which is currently backed up on a USB disk.  I'd hate to re-rip everything.

Ideally, I'd like to use my Android tablet as a remote that gave me the same functionality as the laptop for audio (access Internet radio, play Qobuz, and play my ripped CD'S.)  Plus gain better sound.