Reference Full Function Tube Preamplifier

Happy and healthy holidays to all!
I’m trying to decide between two reference level full function tube preamplifiers. My decision is between the new Luxman CL-1000 line/phono preamplifier and VAC Renaissance Signature 2A SE line/phono preamplifier. I wish I could afford the VAC Master, but alas, no. Anyway, I’d very much appreciate any thoughts and experiences of members. Thanks to all!
normie57
Post removed 
Jab we are hardly hawking or wares when at this point we are not selling any of the products we have mentoned, we have O skin in this discussion.

We are not VAC dealers, nor Conrad Nor Zesto nor Atmosphere or Heron, but we have sold in the past Vac, Herron, Conrad Johnson, Luxman and Lamm, so we do have a lot of experience with preamps as well as most high end audio brands.

The issue is that many people dont’t look at the entirety of their purchase or preclude looking at other brands when sometimes brand x not under consideration might be the better of the products for the OP’s application.

As mentioned previously not having a remote volume control dramatically cuts down on the ease of resale as well as practicality of the product.

We will be evaluating Zesto in 2020 at this point we are not dealers as mentioned they are on our radar for 2020 along with a whole host of other products.

Jab we also do alot of homework as well as listening to these products.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

I heard the CL-1000 at my dealers store hooked up to the Luxman MB-300 tube amp. Great detail on well recorded music it almost sounded like a master tape. Way out of my price range. But can compete w/any top of the line tube preamp. I have the CL-38U-SE and it's just as good w/any tube preamp in the 10K price range. The person that designs the Luxman tube gear has been w/the company for over 40 years. The solid state section gets most of the press but the tube gear is as good as any product out there.
Thanks luxmancl38; appreciate your input on the CL-1000. I’m sure it sounds remarkably natural. I’m looking forward to hearing it at FL Audio Expo in Tampa, early February. I do believe it may be compromising not having remote volume and mute at a minimum. Transformer volume control is thought to be one of the best attenuators, but excellent relay controlled stepped attenuators with remote are quite transparent as well.  We’ll see...Happy New Year!