BAT VK 53SE vs ARC Ref 5SE

Hi all
Has anyone heard/compared these two preamps, and what are your experiences/comments about them?
I will use the preamp with my Welborne Terraplane 300B and Avantgarde Duo Mezzo speakers (line signal from the preamp to the Mezzo sub-woofers).
Thanks in advance :-)

olaps
Post removed 
Unless I have missed my hunch here both units use the "Super Tube", which is the 6H-30 tube I believe.  As someone who has owned over 30 preamps (yep, I am OCD in this area and I know it) I have a pretty good idea of tubes, and tube amps, plus I own over 800 NOS tubes. I have owned a lot of ARC preamps as well as BAT, and the BAT preamps from the early days where the 6922 was used as well as some 5881 or 6V6 tubes as rectifiers or in the power supply, those were fine preamps. I have owned two BAT preamps with the Super-Tube and sold them to get back to preamps with the 6922 and I could roll tubes that help bring out the best in the BAT. 
Of course, there are those who will say I am nuts, or I cannot hear, or my head has been relocated to another area on my body (or in my body) but I have never, EVER been happy with the 6H30.
There are some great preamps out there with some good NOS tubes so is there any particular reason for those two preamps? As always, it is all so system dependent ...
Agree with @zkidd .  The 6H30 is a tube that sounds like a transistor to my ear.  I think it's for those who want transistor like attributes but still like saying they are a "tube person".
hk_fan also nails it. The 6H30 tube is like a transistor and yet in my experiences even worse than some transistors for even a MOSFET has some life in it compared to the 6H30. Truly, with some excellent new re-released tubes out there plus several good sources of NOS tubes (not Ebay) one can find an excellent preamp that will allow you to experience what tubes can really do for a music system.
I hope that helps and it does not appear that I am beating the dead horse here.