Another ozzy Review

Another ozzy Review

I must say that I have been a long time tweaker, and I have tried most of the raved about tweaks, including cables, footers, and power products. So, so many…

If you look up ozzy on Audiogon you can see my long history, and you can also find some of my negative reviews and comments. And yes, I have posted some negative comments of the Perfect Path products. Some of my posts got deleted. Yes, I was a skeptic, very much so. The claims of its performance seemed highly exaggerated. With no technical explanation provided? What the heck can this thin mat possibly do?

Well, I now have tried the new Omega + mats and I must say that I am now a totally Perfect Path Technologies convert.

I placed 2 of the Omega + mats in my circuit breaker box and sure enough within hours the picture quality of all of my TV’s in the house started looking better. That is, better color, sharpness, and contrast. In my audio system the sound stage became much deeper and vibrant in tonality. There is a “realness” to the music. Other than equipment upgrades this has been the single biggest improvement in my audio system. Awesome! Congratulations Krissy!

The only place where the Omega mats did not work well was under my tube amps. The soundstage narrowed. Interesting, was it the tubes? Or the fact that the amps are handwired with little if any modern electronics inside? Perhaps it is just my amps? I dunno…

I have read claims that the Omega Mats can reduce electric bills and when I heard that, I thought what a crock…

But now I think, if it can clean up the picture and audio throughout the house (as it does), it doesn’t take much more to imagine that it is cleaning up the AC. Perhaps eliminating the distortion in the AC that I was paying for. I actually now do expect that my next electric bills to show a reduction in Kilowatt used. But only if I play my audio system about the same amount of time as before. The way I am going now with such improved / increased sound quality that may not happen, its on all the time!

Along with my order for the mats, I also received a few of the Alpha cards as well. I then placed these cards in areas that I had Bybee Signal Enhancers and the Bybee IQSE enhancers. And wow again, I could instantly hear the benefit of these small cards over the Bybee’s. I just sold off the Bybee’s which included the Signal Enhancers and the IQSE versions. They were pretty easy to sell, but I don’t regret it. It should give me more money to buy more of the Perfect Path products! I also previously sold off all of my High Fidelity MC-0.5’s, they didn’t cohabitate with the PPP well. That is; there was a rough sharpness to the sound quality with the MC-05’s in the system.

The claims for these products do seem to be outlandish, and at first, they seem a little pricey but the improvement obtained would cost so much more in equipment upgrades. I’m still not sure what sort of technology is being used but boy I am highly impressed; you will be too!

ozzy

128x128ozzy
Waiting for two more Omega+ mats to arrive.

It's the wrong time of year for quick delivery.
But I've been checking the mailbox twice a day for a week now!
jerrybj,
I hear ya. It sounds like all the delivery carriers got slammed this year.
Must have been a good year for the economy.

ozzy
I recently installed 4 of the Omega Plus mats in my system. I put 3 on my electric panels . I have a main and a sub panel. Each panel has a dedicated 20 amp circuit for my system. Prior to the plus mats ,I had installed 2 of the original mats on my main panel. Subsequent to installing any mats, I had installed a Gate in my main panel. The Gate took awhile before I was able to notice an improvement which was effective but it didn’t wow me. Timothy Mrock emailed me a few weeks after I installed the Gate to ask how I was enjoying it.  When I told him I was a little underwhelmed he made a few suggestions two of which I implemented. This improved the performance further and then placement of 2 of the original mats in the main panel put the improvement of my stereo system in the happy and I am going to keep everything range.
When I installed the plus mats ,I was flabbergasted by the immediate improvement. I was expecting to wait several days for the installation of the Plus mats to do their thing . Maybe since I already had a couple of the original mats in the system it shortened the break in time or maybe the pairing with the Gate supercharged everything, I dunno.
I placed the additional plus mat under my Synergistic Research UEF power conditioner. The original mats were placed under my Modwright Oppo DVD player and the power supply for my Cary SLP 05 preamp.
Now getting to what I am hearing or not. First Frank hit the nail on the head by mentioning tonality. Pianos especially the high notes have that tinkling sound that is very close to being in the same room with the piano. Bass might at first seem weaker but that is only because it is more accurate. I found that I am playing music at lower volume levels because there is an improvement in the amount of information.Closing my eyes and listening to Melody Gardot it is like she is in the room with me. My wife wouldn’t be happy about that ! All the instruments have better placement in the soundstage which is wider and deeper as Ozzy has already mentioned. To use an analogy the sound improvement is like a sharpened pencil. The lines are cleaner and there is no smearing. The entire presentation is clearer.
In summation, the Omega Plus mats are a game changer. They are more than a step up from the original mats. As a plus,I am hoping to get a further reduction in my electric usage since I installed the Gate. Except for my gas stove and my garage heater my house is all electric and at almost 4000 square feet it takes a fair amount of energy to heat it especially in northern New England winters. 

Iwin,
Thanks for your post.
That’s a big house to be heated by electric!
I also now have 4 of the Omega + mats. I have 2 on my main breaker panel and one under my Audioquest Niagara 7000 and another on my Ayre Preamp. I placed one of the original mats on my GEO Thermal panel box.
I have the Gate on my radar for the future. 

ozzy
@ozzy Actually my using all electric for heat isn’t as bad as it sounds as I have a geothermal system for heating and cooling but it is powered by electricity .