Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
listening99

My dedicated listening room is 12.5 x 15.5
About the time that the Electrons were released I bought them while being torn between them and the D.I.'s. Near the end of my 60 day trial I was able to upgrade to the D.I.'s (Thanks Eric!) so I've lived with both models.
First the D.I.'s can absolutely work great in your room size. However, careful room and system set up is necessary to really achieve outstanding results. I know many speakers need the whole package to perform and IMHO the Tektons fit into this category.
The Electrons are much friendlier size wise and weight wise obviously especially if your also an older audiophile like me.
One reason I changed models was for the higher efficiency but also if memory serves was the Electrons seemed to be limited on a 3 dimensional level. This critique needs to be taken with a grain of salt being that the Electrons were a recent release which I'm sure Eric tweaked somewhere in the last couple of years. With all that having been said I loved the D.I.'s from the beginning, they are a well proven model enjoyed by many including myself to this day.

LP

I do mainly listen to acoustic music. Take Cassandra Wilson's "New Moon Daughter" and you have a template for my musical path in recent months. Mainly, I go with unplugged fare, and I love Jazz. Classical has been big for me, but not so much in recent years. I could see revisiting some favorite chamber works, like the 4th Brandenberg, or the Goldberg variations. I'm interested to see how piano plays, out of the DI's. Perhaps my greatest desire is to experience an enthusiastic double-bass, in a simple configuration with other instruments, with the DI's. 

What do you all think about the contrast between the DI and the DI SE? Are there fresh conclusions on how they contrast? Is the extra $ worth it? 

Very happy to hear some experiences indicating a fit for my 12' by 14.5 room. Is there a particular positioning concept that would work best for this space? 

-L
Go either with the DIs upgraded, but I'd buy the larger Moabs for small increase in money over the DIs SE. They are huge speakers, but Eric will tell you regardless of their towering size they work fine in smaller listening rooms.  The DI SE has much higher quality drivers and a premium crossover.  At their current price (reduced $1k) they are a good option too.  I own the Encores and precisely because I wanted more slender and shorter version of the Ulfberhts so they wouldn't physically take over my 14x16x9 room. They sound excellent in my limited choice for positioning. They are my forever speakers, but they are around $8k-$9200.  The Moabs are the best high performance speaker at the cheapest price delta over the DI SE ($500 more) and Encores ($3k less). 

You'll be very happy with the DIs or the SE,  but you'll be blown away by the Moabs. It's practically like getting Ulfberhts for 50% off.
@jcarcopo Thanks for the reflections... Perhaps in white they will blend in with the walls, as they will end up forming a significant portion of the wall at 69" and width. MOABs sound like a riveting option. 

I have a question, as I haven't heard any Tekton products... One person, who claims to love the DI's, also said they have a very "in your face" presentation, and indicated that they can be fatiguing on that basis. Without refuting the claim outright, can you identify what he might be pointing to? I never felt my Vandersteen 2ci's were in my face, although my Klipsch rp280f's have a glare in the higher registers.