Time to move UP, speaker-wise...

My vandersteen 2ci’s dropped dead after a couple decades of sweet service. Over the past year, I’ve had mixed success with a pair of reference premier Klipsch speakers, but now I’m wanting something a far more subtle, perhaps a touch more sweet, and definitely able to reveal more sound-field information. Perhaps I’m being redundant... I’ve been intrigued by the open baffle concept and I’ve read some reviews on Spatial Audio products as well as Tekton’s open baffle offering. There are fans of the spatial, and then I discovered there are people that are blown away by the Tekton open baffle design. Tekton is also running a special on the Electron SE @$3000, which I feel inclined to try... Another area of interest is the Ohm speaker lineup... can any of you speak to them, and particularly how they compare to Klipsch Heritage speakers, or open baffle designs, or Tekton's...?

I have to say, I’m die-hard for the musical information, for the layers of musical fabric. Wolf_garcia claims the heresy III is the best $1500 he ever spent, in a discussion addressing open-baffle designs, among others, and so I’m wondering where to put my bills... What should I check out? It’s time to move up. I’m thinking $3300 is about my limit... I’m running 80 watts per channel from the nuforce sta200, a schitt saga pre, Cambridge transport.
listening99
On another recent thread ( amp thread, I believe ), someone was using a pair of Nuforce STA 200’s in vertical biamp configuration, on his Vandy 2ci sigs ( a fairly new pair ), and is quite happy with the results. Just an fyi. The Klipsch RP 280 F has a very resonant horn assembly ( imo ), and if you were to remove them, and damp the backs of the horns with Dynamat, much of your complaint with them will be gone. As far as liking them, or the sound of any speaker, it is always a personal opinion, and spending 3K on a pair, without hearing them, should be a no no. Happy holidays, peace and good health to all. Always, MrD.
Dropped dead? What does that mean, really? My initial thought when I first read the thread, other than maybe wanting something different/new, why not fix what you have if you have enjoyed them for so long, certainly more than likely, a cheaper option?

Maybe things have moved on some as the Vandies have had continuous improvements to them over time, but....doesn’t make what you have bad or worse.
@frazeur1 makes a good point, a call to Vandersteen for a service quote might be in order.
Four drivers were found dead, across the two Vandersteen 2CI's. I could have had them repaired but I doubted that the investment would return the sound to its former glory. I did send them in to the local shop and the cost of repairs would have been quite a bit higher than I could justify, given a now twenty-seven year old set of speakers. I thought it best to take the money and apply it to something new... 
@OP, 
When you consider Vandersteen is constantly updating even their older models- without adding a new name or designation- it might possibly be an upgrade if you were to have them repaired by Mr. V.
Though, to be honest, I would move to the newer series, like the Treo or Quatro. They are much more refined, and look nicer,too.
B