CD Player vs. music streaming

Dear audiophiles:

I am in the cross road for the media choice.  My CD player suffered from abnormal tray movement and consider to replace a new one (maybe the 2nd hand one).  But on last Sunday, I paid a visit to the audio show and find out there are showing many streaming player of the famous brands with  the price range of US$ 5000~20,000.  I feel the sound is not bad with short listening. 

I am thinking about my situation once more, if I buy a HI-Fi CD player, the price might equal to the audio streamer.  Then, if I choose the CD player, I would keep on buying CD. But if I give up CD player and replace it with a audio streamer, my expense might be the monthly subscription expense which cost a CD or so.  Besides,
my kids have no interest in classical music appreciation. There is no meaning for me to keep on buying CD. When I  am passed away, the CD are useless...without not penny. 

Under such kind of   consideration, should I stay in CD player or should I switch to music streamer. 
Any good opinion?
faust168
I would do both, run into the same DAC.  Given your budget, there are several cd or streamer transports (lacking DACs) available.
My CD player (a Marantz KI-Pearl) sounds better than my streamer (Bluesound Node 2 into an Auralic Vega DAC), but I stream a lot more often than I listen to CDs due to the convenience.  The sound quality is only negligibly better listening to CDs and only really noticeable if I compare back to back.
I agree with Mesch above. You can do both.

1. If your budget is as you describe, perhaps buy a high quality DAC. There are many to choose from and most are very good at that price point over $2500.

2. Buy a CD transport and connect it to your DAC via COAX or TOSLINK...you decide that debate...;-)

3. Buy an entry level streamer like a Bluesound Node 2i for $500 and connect to your DAC via Coax, toslink or USB. Get experience with streaming then decide if a more upmarket streamer appeals to you.

start experimenting with Qobuz, Tidal and others and see if that works for you.

this should be fun!!
I too have and would recommend both, but it is my experience that playing my CD’s is more enjoyable than streaming for serious listening. Almost always I pick a CD over streaming to ‘really’ listen to one of my classical (or any) selections, but lately, have been using the turntable and vinyl even more so.