Need help building my late fathers Audio Setup for Family XMAS dinner.

*I apologize for my ignorance in this high end audio world and my lack of terminology*

LINK TO PICTURES OF EQUIPMENT THAT I HAVE

I need help building my late father‘s radio equipment. Five years ago when my dad passed, I setup the system at my mother’s house. She listens to it maybe twice a year and one of those times being Christmas for the big Family dinner. When I arrived yesterday she was in tears because she could not get it to play. I don’t remember exactly what is missing. But the missing parts were either sold or in a storage unit which is in another state.

The equipment is as follows:
Speakers: Krell resolution 2
Amplifier: vacuum tube pre-amplifier--audio research--model LS27--high definition.
CD Player: 303/200--carry audio design--96 kHz 24-bit--HDCD Player
This was not plugged in but I found it in the attic: Magnum Dynalab--FT101--analog FM tuner.

There are these purple cables that are "flat type" that come from the speaker that don’t plug-in to anything and also there are two XLR cables that go from the pre-amplifier that also don’t connect to anything.

My questions are:
1. Is it possible to get music from the CD player to the speakers with this equipment?

2. If no, What is the least expensive way to get this baby running?
I saw at Best Buy an amplifier for a couple hundred bucks that has XLR inputs will that work?

Dinner Is on Tuesday which is 3 days away so I am definitely in a time crunch...Any help is greatly appreciated

Happy holiday to you and yours...thank you
baldo
Ditto, have easy access to a loaner PS Audio 200 C w RCA inputs in North Palm Beach

jim
Pawn shop might also work would advise IF you go that route make sure it has fused speaker outputs !!!
One of the forums I frequent uses a reputation rewards system that allows members to add reputation to those who are helpful. I wish we had that here, because mrdecibel and tomic601 certainly deserve some positive reputation. Thanks for making meaningful contributions to this hobby.
Baldo, best of luck getting the system sorted, and Happy Holidays to your family!
... could I bypass the xlr cables and amplifier all together and plug the pre-amp straight to the speakers or the cd player straight to the speakers?

I would definitely not do that. You would be applying a 4 ohm load to the output of the preamp (350 ohms specified output impedance) or the cd player (99 ohm output impedance per Stereophile measurements). The result of those impedance interactions would at best be a tiny amount of distorted sound. And damage to whichever component you did that with is certainly a possibility, after operating the component in that manner for an unpredictable amount of time.

Best of luck, and best wishes for the holidays.

Regards,
-- Al

Any stereo or av receiver from best buy will work, looking for one with speaker binding post not spring clip connectors, a pair of rca cable connect the cd player or preamp to the receiver line level input and you are in business! Buy a pair of speaker cable and some extra rca cables just in case, you always can return it later if not needed.

cd player --> preamp --> receiver --> speakers

or

cd player --> receiver --> speakers