best CD player or DAC under $1000

What is the best CD player or DAC for under $1000.00? How musical can a player or Dac be fot that money?
84audio
None of this players, mentioned above, can even come close to the quality and the sound of the Linn Mimik. Ah!,Adcom will fall apart after first 3 months of use...and don't be fooled by "tube" output stage of Rega it is not what you would think of tubes...it is boring player. Sony is good and NAD is OK!
Dear "84"--

I will add my vote for the Sony CDP-XA7ES. I had to buy some good separates to beat it and then not by much. I still have my Sony and am willing to part with it for a reasonable price if you might become interested. Shipping will probably cost $100 UPS ground because I do not have the original box and it is a heavy machine. The only other thing in this price range that I might recommend, even though I have never owned one is a used Meridian 508. But you will probably not get a 508.24 in your price range. Perhaps a 506 or 507. Good luck in your search!

84audio:
"...How musical can a player or Dac be ?"

...just add the dAck 2.0 if the essence of musical playback is a priority. You can try before you buy.