Does raising speaker cables off the floor really make a big difference?

My cables are laying on the floor (in a mess), would raising them off the floor really make much of a difference? The problem is they are quite wide and too long  http://mgaudiodesign.com/planus3.htm so any suggested props are appreciated!  Cheers
spoutmouzert
+1, tweak1. 
For flat cables, I recommend trying Dark Matter ESD XL Cable Isolators. There is one set available on US Audio Mart. 
Here’s an idea. How about using a set of Statue of Liberty 🗽🗽🗽🗽 souvenirs for elevating the cables and suspending the cables with a rubber band from the Miss Liberty’s torch? Set your cables FREE! 🤗
It is us that holds the charge when we get shocked, not the carpet. If your humidity is really low, that could be having a real effect on the sound (more attenuation at high frequencies). Get a humidifier. Cable elevators can't fix humidity.

We all know that signal is flowing through the cables and that most carpeting can develop an electrostatic charge that can zap us (discharge) when we shuffle across the floor when the weather is cool and humidity is low

"WireWorld understands and chooses jacketing that does not require lifts"

Every show I did with Dave we used Cable Grounds.