Best CD player now made.

I am interested in getting the best CD player out there as one of my digital sources. I have a few candidates but I wanted some other opinions. Any suggestions on the Sony's top player or Mark Levinson, or even the BAT tubed affair. I realise the Transport and the DAC might be superior but I wanted to stay below 5 digits. Thanks,
thomasea1
Quite a response to the "Best CD Player" inquiry. I have to agree that the BAT VK D-5 is absolutely top of the line. It does everything right and is priced within reason. The Linn Sondek CD-12 is incredible, but so is the $20K price tag! Anyone shopping for a quality CD Player at a very reasonable price should audition the Arcam Alpha 9 24/96 CD Player ($1,600). This unit responds very well to a power cord upgrade (I use the incomparable PowerSnake Black Mambas in my system), which enables it to really "strut its stuff." The Arcam Alpha 9 outperforms many players in the $3K to $5K price range. Check it out and you may not want to search any further.
Best cd player is no cd player.Whatever you have will not reproduce your music adequatly.Do not deceive yourself and get a good analog.And if your ears are not that good,why bother at all?
Balanced Audio Technology VK-D5 and the Meridian 508.24 are both excellent CD players. The Meridian 508.20 on the user market is another option. Good luck..
HAVE OWNED A SONY CDP - XA7ES FOR 3 YEARS, IT HAS EXCELLENT SOUND AND VERY RELIABLE. CABLING VERY IMPORTANT,TRIED MANY HAD EXCELLENT RESULTS WITH SYNERGISTIC LUMINESCENCE II FROM CD TO PREAMP & KALEIDOSCOPE II PREAMP TO AMP.