JL Audio F113 or F112 For Dynaudio Confidence 5

I need a musical fast Sub mostly for music to go along with my Dynaudio Confidence 5. I was wondering if anyone had compared the f113 and the f112. I will not be buying stereo subs because I have neighbors and my room size is about 20x18
Can you hear a difference between these two subs when playing music? My priority is Music however I do listen to electronic music and they require deep bass. Thanks
128x128trance
I'll second Missioncoonery. We run a pair of 113s in the media room, Rel Stadium III for the music system. Dialed in, the Rel is 100% seamless when paired with a full range speaker and does magical things with imaging and soundstage. The JLs are frequently noticeable, but more satisfying in the kick and room-pressurization front.
I've had zero problems getting my JL to disappear. It integrates seamlessly.

Whatever brand you get, plan on getting two. Maybe not now, but down the road. Two will integrate much better, there will be less resonance issues and so forth. Jim Smith of Get Better Sound fame doesn't even want to try to optimize a room with only one sub. Says it's very difficult to do so.

With that in mind, I'd go with the F112. Unless your room is gigantic, one F112 will do the job. Then, you'll be able to get back to getting the clone sub faster given that it's substantially cheaper than the F113. The lone F112 I have (have not gotten around to getting the clone yet) literally shakes my walls (that's not metaphorically- I have pictures on the wall that get off kilter when I listen loud)- even when it's not being cranked up. My room is pretty good size, too. 19 x 13 with 10 foot ceilings.
Trance,IMO I think what was just said sums it up,if you want to "shake the walls" then JL is the choice hands down.If looking for seemless 2 channel, 1 Rel will do it.There is no need to run a pair,waste of money..B series or an older/larger model(and thats coming from a person who has Dynaudios and tried both!).
Trance, I have two F113's with Tyler Acoustic D3's which integrated very easily in my big room. One sub was still good but adding the second was the ticket. Two F112's dialed in for your room size would be all you need. Both the F113 and F112 are extremely musical and fast. Start and stop on a dime. Once they are dialed into your liking you won't even know they are there. I would do two F112's before one F113 if that is even an option. Also, hearing or feeling a difference between these two subs is going to really depend on what is going on in the room. You are moving air inside that cube so one is going to sound a little different than the other. At 80hz you may not be able to tell but anything below 40hz you more than likely will feel the difference. You can control the response of the room easier with two subs as well and it won't affect the neighbors anymore than with one unless you want to.