Suggestions for higher efficiency speakers

Interested in trying lower watt tube SET or class A amps.  After hearing about the 'magic' for years I feel it's about time I give it a listen.  But, don't think my current speakers are efficient enough (please correct me if I'm wrong about this).  I have Snell Type D at around 87 dB and Gallo 3.1 at around 88.  Not exactly inefficient but could be better.  I have used my Jolida 502 brc (60 watt) with the Snells and it sounds great.  About to try the Jolida with the newer Gallos.  I have read that they work well with tubes, eager to find out.  

Looking for suggestions for efficient speakers under $2k.  I know most horns qualify but, unfortunately, I have never been a big fan of the Klipsch sound.  Of course there are other brands to check out.  

I am in the process of researching amps right now. Seems like there are a few nice options in my lower price range.  If you want to throw a few amp suggestions out there too that's great.

Thanks!
pkatsuleas

Vlad builds the audio mirror reflection monoblocks, which may be worth
investigating

These are awesome sounding, and awesome powerful amps (rated 45-50 watts, tho can do peaks of 90-100 watts). Mine drive my 87dB speakers with authority. Granted, it helps that there are no crossovers on the mids and only an L-pad on the tweeters, and don’t dip much below 6 ohms (5.6 ohms minimum?). In case you don't go highly sensitive speakers.

Thanks all for the suggestions.  Obviously I have a lot of homework to do.  Unfortunately, seems like the only brand I can readily audition will be the Klipsch.  Even in a big burg like Chicago.  Somewhere to start I guess.  If anyone local knows differently by all means tell me where. 

Looking forward to Axpona 2020.  Hopefully some of the suggestions will be there.  Not the best audition spaces I know....
You should pay attention to what atma-sphere has posted. Several friends and I conducted an experiment in which we compared a pair of parallel 300B SETs (18 watts/channel) to a VAC push-pull Phi 200, a Mastersound 32B amplifier and a pair of Atma-sphere M-60s. Speaker used were DeVore O/96s. An entire day was spent comparing these amps and the clear and universal winner were the Atma-spheres. Last were the 300B amps which displayed exactly the type of behavior outlined in the above thread. I can only suggest SETs for extremely efficient speakers with a high and stable impedance. This comparison really opened out collective eyes to the limitations of many single ended designs. Funny thing is you really dont notice these undesirable characteristics until you compare directly with a far superior amp. 
jsautter, I did pay close attention, read it a few times - very informative!  I've enjoyed his posts for years.  Not sold on SET amps, but would like to experiment.  But I see that getting the proper speakers may prove difficult in my price range.  I would like to hear some atmasphere gear as well, but again that pesky budget comes into play.  I am open to push pull types.  Should have pulled the trigger on some local Quicksilver mid-monos a while back....