Extravagant shipping charge

I purchased an item and already paid for the price.
The description says that the shipping cost will be determined later. I did not ask for the shipping before I made the payment. (Doh!)
The item weighs 55lb, and it is about 17x17x10 size. The shipping box will be about 20x20x15, and the total weight would be close to 60 lb.
For UPS shipping from Arizona to Michigan, the seller wants $150 for the shipping. When I calculated UPS shipping, it is less than $60. Obviously, the seller is trying to make a huge profit from shipping.
Any suggestion to how to deal with this situation?

Thanks.

128x128ihcho
Just bought 100’ of 12-3 AWG cable. Paid $12 for shipping WA. to OH. Go figure?
@ ihcho
I just deleted my cayin MT35 listing on Ebay,,Had $150 ship fee for the 25 lb amp, Now wait one minute,,I had the amp priced at $375,,BRAND NEW,,sells for $700 + $150 ship from china,,, I paid him $650 + $150...
So yers and no, Is $150 exxessive? Depends on the price of the unit,,If the unit is price at a  Black Friday 50% off price, as was my Cayin MT35, $150 ship is a  GREAT DEAL. 
After 3 weeks on ebay,,I knew no one was going to buy duev to ~~$150 ship!!!!!,  who is he trying to rip off, NOT ME!!!~~~,,so i had to delete ad, and will start alllll overrr once agin ina  few weeks/months at the CORRECT listing price. 
$400/$50 ship, 
It will sell in a  few days at that price. 
FEDEX i noticed has gone wayyyyy up on ship fees, UPS is a bit more reasonable. 
I think it depends on which FEDEX store, one uses, a  FEDEX store on Veterans here in New Orleans wanted $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ fora   small rug I was shipping. I should have gone to the main FEDEX station, where i shipped a huge rug 2 yrs ago for under $100. 
I hate shipping US PS, as they mishandle items. anyway, hope that helps clear up your  Q. 
I listed my Cayin super low and ship super high, to make  a few bucks off ship fees,. = Won;'t work, Folks think I was trying to pull one over on them = rip off. 
I purchased a pair of Cliffhanger Audio Bulldog speakers from a guy in Pennsylvania 1 month ago. UPS store charged $382 to ship to Ut. They put these 60lb projectiles in an oversized box full of air bags, needless to say I received 2 boxes of speaker debris. After filing a claim and 36 pics later UPS closed my claims as denied and told me it wasn't their responsibility. What can "brown" do for me? I have a long list!! Beware of UPS.
I suppose the cost/value issue must consider what the seller is recouping in the shipping charge.  If the seller boxed the item himself, the cost might include his labor (boxing audio equipment is quite time consuming if done correctly).  If the item is taken to a UPS or FedEx store, the charge for doing the boxing is extremely high.

A local dealer got a very big shipment of specialty drivers from Japan.  Including insurance, the cost of shipping exceeded $10,000.  Now THAT is a shipping charge.
I recently shipped a 50 lb tube amp from the east coast to the west coast.  I used Fed Ex and the cost was less than $50.

I have used Fed Ex for heavy items, and have found their shipping charges to be less than USPS and UPS.

I take extreme care to package well to ensure the item arrives in the condition in which it was shipped.

Whoever quoted $150 to ship a 55lb item is either 1) trying to markup the actual shipping cost to make more money from the deal -or- 2) quoting overnight or 2 day shipping; in which case $150 is about correct.