Bluesound Node 2i vs Upscale streamers

For those of you that have compared the Node 2/2i to some of the more expensive streamers like Lumin, Aurender, etc., what do the big boys bring to the table. Forget the internal DACs, I'm sure theirs beats the Node. I'm talking about using these devices as stand alone streamers into an outboard DAC. What are the differences you've heard?

Oz

128x128ozzy62
@ozzy62 .. similarly, I have a Node 2 and an MHDT Lab Pagoda. When curiosity got the best of me I went the Sonore route and picked up a microRendu for less cash than the Node 2. The difference in sound quality wasn’t exactly night and day but the refinement was easy to hear. The microRendu now feeds a Schiit Eitr before the Pagoda and I prefer this arrangement to a direct USB connection. With the Eitr in play there is no contest. When the time comes to update/upgrade I won’t hesitate to move up within Sonore’s line.
I have a Bryston BDP3.  Compared to the Bluesound it’s like going from 1080 resolution to 4K display.  The old standard was pretty good until the new shows up.  More bass, richer midrange, gobs of detail, more ambience
The microRendu is a good idea, but you still need a computer so it can get costly.  The Bluesound is an all in one solution. 
The microRendu is a good idea, but you still need a computer so it can get costly.  The Bluesound is an all in one solution.

@grannyring .. the Node also needs either a smart phone, tablet, or computer for setup/control, never mind a NAS if one has a library of files to stream. I would imagine most, if not all, who are looking to up their streaming game are already using one of these "computers".