New Speaker Conundrum - Vandy's, Spendors, Salk, Ascend - Mainstream or ID

I am very lucky to be close to Audio Connection and John has outfitted my entire rig over the years. I am currently running Ares/RP-7 to M-180s - always liked Mark's designs and he/Nick are so approachable over at Rogue.

I used to run 2CE IIs for the longest time and loved them and I thought I would give ID a try and landed a pair of Double Impacts - which I love.

However, I have the upgrade itch and I am in two minds on whether I want to go back to Vandy's or look at Salk/Ascend.

I have narrowed down my list to Spendor D9s, Vandy Treo CTs, Salk Soundstage 8s and potentially the Sierra Towers. I am going over to Johnny's this weekend for another listening session with the Treos and potentially Quatros.

I have always looked (more likely lurked) on these forums over the years for advise - unfortunately never posted :(.
cptkaos
Hi gbnrbob,

I do not know many audio salons here in the greater NYC. You praise "Johnny" who I do not know. In what respect is he better than the Audio Doctor? Please elaborate! What product lines does he represent? Where is he located?

Thanks!
I think before we all get sidetracked with a pissing match between dealers, perhaps we can agree that both are competent and that in the OP case he has a very long running happy relationship with Johnny at Audio Connection.