Magnepan needs your help

Magnepan needs your help.

Are you willing to publicly give your feedback of Magnepan’s proposed new speaker concept? Below are the cities and dates of select cities for the first tour to hear public opinions. Instead of filling out focus group forms or giving information to Magnepan’s representatives at the demonstration, Magnepan is encouraging public debate. (Negative feedback can be just as valuable as positive feedback.)

If you are interested in hearing this speaker concept, it is critical that your dealer have your contact information. Winter storms could cause a delay of the tour.

Chicago-- Quintessence Audio, Wednesday, December 11th
Toronto-- Audio Excellence, Saturday, December 14th
Pittsburgh-- Butch’s Sound and Vision, Monday, December 16th
Northern New Jersey (Verona)-- Audio Connection, Wednesday, December 18th

- Wendell Diller, Magnepan
josh358
Oh FFS, let’s have fun, listen, stop arguing and give Maggie some feedback

Hi there,
I am a Magnepan owner and would be happy to help.
I can do Northern New Jersey (Verona)-- Audio Connection, Wednesday, December 18th
but they are not my dealer. How about Lyric HI Fi??? the only Maggie dealer in NYC???

Yours,
HG

I really believe panel bass to be the best. Ever hear big Maggie's or big Sound Labs? They have ultra low distortion bass with high output and slam that blows away any dynamic driver out there. This will line Magnepan's pockets as it did for Martin Logan but is a step backward in high fidelity. 

Josh, I don't think so. But there is a Maggie dealer in Nashua, NH. You could capture most of New England there.
Josh, where did the "nobody would buy them" theory come from. If I did a demo with a standard 20.7 and a 20.7 full line source nobody except the cheapest among us would go for the standard version. Both have exactly the same foot print. There is no down side but the cost and the improvement would be worth every penny to anyone already considering spending that kind of money on a loudspeaker. The problem is getting your dealers to put them on the floor and actually make that comparison.
Let Wendell have his way! 

Mike
Secretguy, I asked Wendell about the price, and he said that the price will depend on the cosmetics, which is one of the things that will be influenced by feedback from the tour.