Do we really need anything greater than 24/96? Opinions?

It's really difficult to compare resolutions with different masterings, delivery methods, sources, etc. I have hundreds of HI-rez files (dsd, hi bit rate PCM, etc). I have to say that even 24/44 is probably revealing the best a recording has to offer. Obviously, recording formats, methods, etc all play a huge role. I'm not talking preferred sources like vinyl, sacd, etc. I'm talking about the recordings themselves. 

Plus, I really think the recording (studio-mastering) means more to sound quality than the actual output format/resolution. I've heard excellent recorded/mastered recordings sound killer on iTunes streaming and CD. 

Opinions?

aberyclark
Damn, geoffkait, atdavid is going to win this. Until now, you were untouchable in posting the same thing over and over. He is breathing behind your neck. Step up your game. You do not want to be outdone in something you trademarked. Give us some directionality, freezing, and.......was there anything else?
I am rooting for you. I respect my elders and intelectual property. Nobody should be messing up with your style. All these newcomers, what do they know? They just want a slice of your fame. What is next? He will start selling New Dark Matter? Shameless.
Please keep your rooting to yourself. 🐷

One assumes you meant intellectual property. Probably a Freudian slip.
Not a slip, just checking you. You passed, I continue rooting for you. Give me some credit, I am the only one.

Sincerely,

🐷