Do we really need anything greater than 24/96? Opinions?

It's really difficult to compare resolutions with different masterings, delivery methods, sources, etc. I have hundreds of HI-rez files (dsd, hi bit rate PCM, etc). I have to say that even 24/44 is probably revealing the best a recording has to offer. Obviously, recording formats, methods, etc all play a huge role. I'm not talking preferred sources like vinyl, sacd, etc. I'm talking about the recordings themselves. 

Plus, I really think the recording (studio-mastering) means more to sound quality than the actual output format/resolution. I've heard excellent recorded/mastered recordings sound killer on iTunes streaming and CD. 

Opinions?

aberyclark
I am rooting for you. I respect my elders and intelectual property. Nobody should be messing up with your style. All these newcomers, what do they know? They just want a slice of your fame. What is next? He will start selling New Dark Matter? Shameless.
Please keep your rooting to yourself. 🐷

One assumes you meant intellectual property. Probably a Freudian slip.
Not a slip, just checking you. You passed, I continue rooting for you. Give me some credit, I am the only one.

Sincerely,

🐷
The third problem is produced by scattered laser light that fills up the entire inside of the CD transport and is picked up by the photodetector as real signal. I’m sorry to have to be the one to say this but you’re only hearing 50% of what’s on the CD if you’re listening to stock off the shelf systems. 

I am sorry, but this is not at all correct. If what you said were true, you would getting muted sections of tracks all the time.

Also, it would be impossible to get accurate rips from CDs using software like dBpoweramp with AccurateRip. Finally, accurate rips would sound phenomenally better than what you could get from a CD transport. While often do sound better, there are other reasons for this other than  this alleged 50% missing data.

CD transports are inherently accurate. If they were not, it would be impossible to read text data from a CD drive in or attached to your computer with any reliability.