$30K DAC in a $70K system - wise or ridiculous?

Specifically, I'm looking at a Lampi Pacifica DAC for $30K. 

My system is:
Focal Kanta 3 with dual GoldenEars SuperSub X
PS Audio BHK 300 monos
PS Audio BHK preamp
Rotel 1072 CDP (modded)
Fidelizer Nimtra Signature server
Modwright/Oppo Sonica DAC with LPS
Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core with LPS
AQVOX AQ Network Switch SE

Cables, misc:
Synergistic Research, Wywires, Wireworld, Shunyata, Curious Cables, DH Labs, SoTM, IsoAccoustics, Herbie's

128x128cantorgale
In my opinion a very sensible idea -- I subscribe to the "source first" system building philosophy and have a third of the cost of my system in sources, and only 10% for the speakers -- if your speakers work for you in your room then upgrading the source will only make them sound better
I don't think it's way out of line. It sounds less ridiculous when you say that it's a $30K DAC in a $95-100K system, which is what the full system would be once it's in correct?

When I go for upgrades, I generally try to identify the weakest link, and then upgrade it to the point where it's one of the strongest links. That allows it to stay through other upgrades (assuming I have more coming). From that perspective, it seems like this makes sense as well. It's more money then I have to put into a system, but I think it holds up in principle. 
I first put my money into my speakers and build from there. Second are my amps and then my source. $30k for a DAC IMO is a little overkill but like all audio it is a personal decision. Now if I could get a $30k DAC for under $10K used that's a different story. Good luck.
cantorgale -
With $12k speakers, $1k subs, and a $700 CD surely you  can think of better ways to spend $30k.
It’s only wise if, after direct comparison to your dac in your system, it increases your enjoyment of music to the point where you think the 30k was well (and responsibly) spent. Only you can answer that question. BTW, there is a demo Pacifica up now for $20k. There are also several other Lampis up for sale at good prices. They may be a wiser choice, IMO.