$27,500 for whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

$27,500 is a nice chunk of change, even in the audiophile world.  I think we can all agree on this.  You can get a pretty kick ass system for that amount.  I think we can all agree on this, too.  I just read something at stereophile.com that almost...almost made me choke on my triscuit.   Luckily for me, I had water ready to go, knowing how dry those things are.  $27,500 is the price for a paint upgrade, a color called cranberry pearl finish on a pair of speakers made by Wilson, the Chronosonic XVX.   Now, when we hear the name Wilson, we all know what that means.   But come on man,  $27,500 for a paint upgrade. 
shtinkydog
Exactly, Andy.  People are all worked up over subjectivity.  $27 G's isn't subjective, it's a fact.
$27 G's isn't subjective, it's a fact.
I wouldn't know.  I never had it before :-)
A valuable thread, learned the mayor has guards red ! Not sure about Carbon, maybe it really is carbon...

paint, good paint well applied and to EPA and other standard is expensive. Perhaps we can all agree we look silly on a high end forum bashing the subjective customer of rabid capitalist providers of audio jewelry?

btw, I ran a paint shop or three for large shiny objects starting at $100 m each, tough customers those.... customers 
"$27 G's isn't subjective, it's a fact."
That is kind of steep. Thankfully, Wilson will give you a paint job for only 27K.

Even that is expensive, but it really is not that much. Each one on this thread has a piece of equipment that seems obscenely expensive to regular people. $1000 amplifier is, among regular people, very expensive.
I am sure those who driving Corollas will say the same thing to those who are driving Ferrari.  You won't be able to imagine what it is unless you have a lot of money.  I can't either but at least I can understand on the abstract.  

And yes, I am envious of Ferrari drivers lols.