Ohm Walsh Talls and amplification

Ok, I am perplexed and I would appreciate any feedback you can give me. I am interested in getting a pair of Ohm Tall speakers. Initially (based off from Steve Guttenberg's and Zeos' reviews) i assumed that the 2000s were the ones for me. I don't see where Zeos' or Steve's rooms are any bigger than mine but, I measure the square footage of my room last night and it's only 353 square feet! Zeos himself even said that the 1000s were the correct size for his room, but he just wanted to go bigger. So, my first question is: Can you use a bigger Ohm Tall than what your room requires (as Zeos does)? Also, these speakers seem to love power. Steve drove his with a Mytek amp and a big Pass Labs amp. I cannot afford  Pass Labs and, the Mytek...well, I *could* maybe swing that but, Zeos uses a pair of Crown amps that are not made for audio but for DJs and live entertainers, etc. Obviously, he's very happy with the results. I finally did call John Strohbeen and he confirmed that the Talls love power... he suggested Mytek, Peachtree, certain NAD models, and Emotiva as affordable amps that have good results. I then asked him about Zeos using the Crown amps and he said, "Yeah, that's another way to go that's very affordable." I asked him if the sound was good and he said, "Yeah, it sounds good. In fact, we used something like Crown that here in our factory for quite a while." So, my second question is: what success have you had in the way of amplification with your Ohm Talls? 
128x128redstarwraith
I use a stack of Crowns (5kw total power)  to run my media room, 2 pair Klipsch Cornwalls, 2 Heresy,  1 Cornwall center, big VMPS sub. The Crowns sound amazing, very neutral, no noise, even with the efficient Klipsch, they are nigh indestructible,  and can vaporize listeners if I turn it to 11.  the Klipschorns in the listening room are on Rogue tube monoblocks but I think I could run Crown to them with little degradation.
Hmm i heard the Rogie Pharoah running Magnepans at my dealer and it sounded wonderful.  He carried full Audio Research and Rogue lines and liked the Pharoah best. 
@redstar....*G* Agreed...and I'm playing into a larger volume of space..16dx 21w x 12h(average)...and decidedly 'industrial'....

..and mine are more the DIY version of the HHR TLS-4's...slightly larger, not so 'pretty', But...I'm working on the latter....;)

(...and right now, 'the walls have ears'...so I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to sell shares in the Brooklyn Bridge or 'lake bottom property' ...but...)

Omni's in surround sound are definitely Different than typical driver systems. Even without 'surround enhancement' by the equipment, without 'adult beverages' or whatever your state (regional, not mental) allows....

Above average studio work on some recordings seems to have this marked tendency to 'place' instruments and occasionally performers into perceived locations that may not be noticed with 'normal' speakers.

Now, this may be induced by phase interaction/interference patterns of the waveforms they generate .  And,not to ignore the reflections off of walls, furnishings, and anything that exists within a given space.

I have plenty of those, as do most habitable spaces. *S*  In my near future, I intend to 'set up' in a new one that promises to have less of that, and  be decidedly 'clear(er)' of these 'early reflection elements'. *L*  So I hope to either dispel or enhance what my senses try to make sense of.

Anyway...I thought I might broach my experience with you, if only to hint at what an omni system might be if you really become not just a convert, but a fanatic.  There's not enough of 'us' around...

"Embrace the Force, Luke!"  *L*  It surrounds you, after all....;)

(As for those 'others' reading this....you can start throwing your 'bricks' now....;)..."Shields Up" *L*)

Just a couple of points....

If you do the math, the 2000's will need about around 24 watts for you to experience a sound level of 86db at a listening position about 10' back from the speakers...ok...now lets add some safety factor...say 6 db for peaks and you are at 100 watts....and nothing wrong with having more than 100 watts...more is safer than less.  If you listen louder than 86 db...then add more watts....if you listen lower...then still stick with 100.

Now, as to the Crowns....since a number of the guitar stores sell them with a 60 day return...you can try them easily.  Here is my impression of the XLS2000 which I owned for a while....powerful low end but not detailed....massive soundstage in width but zero depth....ever so slightly bright on the top end....slightly brighter in the midrange.....overall sound presentation is forward and not laid back.  Pretty good sound for under $500 but if you are willing to spend more, you can do a lot better, especially if detail and soundstage matter.

But, since it is so easy to try them and get something else....Nuprime, PS Audio, CherryAmp, VanAlstine....there are tons of choices (and you don't need to spend a ton)....and see what you think when you have them side by side.  Since almost everything is returnable these days, you can't really make a bad choice and no matter what any of us tell you...you can't really know without trying it in your system and listening the way you listen!!