Recommendations for high quality Streaming Audio:

Greetings everyone; looking for recommendations on how to stream high quality audio, let me explain.

I currently use my Apple 8S phone, with a high quality aux cord, into my preamp. This method has better sound quality than when I use a blue-tooth adapter and stream from my phone, but I enjoy being able to stay seated and having control of what I want to listen to.

Anything out there that gives the user remote control / access to what they want to listen to?

If not, I'll settle fort he next best thing, being plugged into my preamp, and having high quality audio without wireless control

Budget: $1,000 for equipment, $25 per month for streaming service.

I don’t know much about DAC’s , streamers, etc.. or alternative music streaming sites, but I do know that there are better options out there from what I’ve read on these forums.

Thanks in advance for the forthcoming enlightenment.

Rene

barkeyzee1
Cambridge CXN (V2) in the house about 6 or 7 weeks now.  Set up was easy, app is OK, not great.....   First listen was too tilted up and digital so went with an Audioquest power cord and some real good interconnects.  Let it burn in for a month (really did) and it was better every time I checked in. After a month it's just plain scary good.  There are so many really top grade radio stations streaming, and 20 presets you can tag at will, I don't know if I will ever get to a streaming service.
I'll throw in another vote for the Cambridge CXN V2. I've had mine for a few months now and I love it. I selected it over the Node2i for a few reasons. I like that it serves as a digital hub. I can run a CD transport into it, stream Tidal and Spotify (those are the only ones I really use), I can plug in a USB drive when that comes up, it has two audio outputs which I like (running one output to my amp, one output to a headphone rig). It works perfectly for my needs, and I plan to keep it until I upgrade to a higher end streamer and higher end external DAC. 
Bel Canto STREAM with Qobuz app embedded in their own Seek App. $1600 for the STREAM (new) and $15/mo. for the Qobuz subscription. You will never look back my friend.
The Bluesound Node 2i is a sweet little unit and you can't beat it for the price.  I also like that fact that you can connect a flash drive, or an external hard drive, to the USB port and play music from your private collection.  It also decodes MQA if you want to stream Tidal masters.  Cheers, and happy streaming!
I have been quite impressed with the CocktailAudio X45Pro. The build quality is amazing. It will Rip, Store, and Stream.  The endless features in the programming are amazing.  It sound very good with both speakers and headphones.  I use the Audeze 4z headphones coupled directly to the X45Pro and alternatively coupled to the Audeze King Amp.  I have been pleased with both configurations.  
With speakers I use the Magnepan 1.7i (perfect for my room), REL sub, Classe amp and good wiring all around. 
I use no other source but the CocktailAudio X45Pro.  As an all-in-one source unit it serves me functionally and the sound is exceptional.
It is my wish that whatever you are listening to best serves your audio needs.