Types of speakers to create nightclub style sound?

Admittedly, this may come off as an unsophisticated post for audiophiles, but I'm seeking advice nonetheless. 

I have a house with an open floorplan and love entertaining. I'm looking to create the auditory feeling of a high-end nightclub at home, as opposed to having a setup with the goal of creating a single ideal listening point. After traveling to Ibiza and hearing some of the world's best nightclub sound systems I fell in love with how they bathe you in sound. Since I can't fit a Funktion One Dance Stack in my home, I'm curious as to what I should look for in the home audio realm to recreate that feeling of filling a room with powerful sound that isn't super directional. 

With a total initial budget of about 4-6k (1k - 3k for a pair of speakers), what qualities should I begin looking for to create this sort of system? I'm thinking used higher-end speakers might be a better solution. 

I've noticed a few different categories of sorts: some speakers have a single driver with a wide-range, like the Zu Audio Soul, while others have several for different drivers, like B&W 603. I absolutely loved the line-source sound from Martin Logan ESL speakers, but their directionality is exactly the opposite of what I want. Moving 2 feet to the left or right of their line of fire made it sound like the music was coming from the next room over. I live in Los Angeles, so there are plenty of used, good quality, higher-end speakers circulating in the marketplace. Can anybody offer a little guidance to narrow my search for what sort of speakers/amp combination might best accomplish this? 
perplexy
Perplexy, unless I missed it, you have not mentioned the size of this space. Early in this thread, I recommended what many people here are stating....pro powered speakers. Very reasonable, and can do a good job. I own Lascalas, have used Lascalas, on stages, in gyms, in auditoriums, etc, and yes, they would work very well, but would need additional bass reinforcement ( sub woofer augmentation ). Room layout and usage would determine how many of each you would need. If it were me, I would consider spending more, to achieve a nicer, cleaner and smoother sound, that would also reproduce jazz and classical, as with such a huge space, why not ? But, that is me, and I feel a great system, particularly speakers ( I do enjoy my Lascalas ), should be able to play ANY type of music, and at ANY reasonable volume level ( what is reasonable, lol ). Four Lascalas, additional subwoofers ( at least two, likely powered ) and the associated equipment, will likely exceed your current maximum budget. However, take your time, as it can be complicated, or, quite simple, which ever way you go. Increasing your budget, might allow you to hire a professional, to help with your design, and, installation.....Enjoy ! MrD.....
I love the sound at one of my local concert venues.  All three of us at the concert were commenting on how great (but not ear piercing) the system was... for an EDM/Electronica concern none-the-less.  They a Meyer Mica system.  Those are self-powered, not super huge, and available used from various places out there...

https://www.cervantesmasterpiece.com/cervantes-ballroom/   
For good punch and live sound on the cheap for a few home parties a year, consider renting from a music store such as the Guitar Center or similar ( I have no afliation with any music store). Probable about 250 for a great system for the day.  In increasing order of quality, my opinion, is Mackie, jbl, EV, Qsc. Yamaha is in their too. Most of the above have various quality levels of speakers, but rentals are usually the lower end models as users just need reasonable sound for cheap. For home use I would stay with 2 or 4 10” speakers and two subs, 15 or 18”, all self powered.  That will peal the paint off the walls of your neighbours house if you wish, but keep the level down and it will still feel “live”. 
For $1500.00 look at a pair Cerwin Vega’s XLS-215 on amazon they have free shipping. Add a couple of used Bag End sub and your all set.
Good Luck, TISH P.S. I just saw a pair of Bagend S18E-D ELF subs on ebay for $1500.00, they were 1600.00 a piece when new.
Add those to the Cerwin's and BOOM!!