Funny Story

I received my Mcintosh 1.2Kw monoblock amps today. Happy day at my house.  They came stacked on a pallet and the freight company was kind enough to bring them into my garage. 

I figure I need to get these bad boys into the house and get them ready for the speakers that I need to buy. I yell out to my 16-year-old son and tell him that we just need to pick each box up and bring it downstairs.  We both try to lift the box and realize there is no way we are going to move these things.   I unpack the box and try to lift the amp.  To my surprise, it is not going to be easy to lift them out of the box.

In the garage, they will sit for a couple of days until we get the shoulder dolly I ordered from Amazon.  I did not realize 160 amps were that heavy.  

I guess the excitement will last a few more days.... as I visit them in the garage every once in a while :)

maxking
I never would have thought I would be dealing with all this when I started on this journey.  I had thought of buying the equipment new but now the budget went further as I have purchased equipment used.  The problem this presents is that I have bought items that are way too big (and heavy) so I need to rethink placement and other selections.

Depending on the size of the speakers, the garage might very well be the next listening room :)

Worst case,I would call a professional moving company and have them come in and move them for you. I bet it would be a couple hundred dollars. A company that moves pool tables might be a start. 
The weight of the amps makes them sound better.  Something about the size of the blue VU meters, the trouble it takes to get them into your house and that the fact they could be used to anchor down the house in the event of a tornado. :)

Good luck with your placements.

The Mac 1.2KWs at 147 lbs are close to my Pass X600s at 150 libs. I just tipped the box and slid them out onto a soft surface. Then tipped them back upright onto a padded handtruck to roll to my rack.

Let us know how it goes.