What does one purchase after owning horns?

I have owned Avantgarde Uno's and sold them because of the lack of bass to horn integration. I loved the dynamics, the midrange and highs. Now faced with a new speaker purchase, I demo speakers and they sound lifeless and contrived. The drama and beauty of live music and even the sound of percussion insturments like a piano are not at all convincing. I have an $8k budget for speakers give or take a thousand. My room is 13'X26' firing down the length. Any good ideas will be appreciated. My music prefrences are jazz/jazz vocalist.
renmeister
In my memory of hearing Avantgarde Duos and Trios at my local dealer they were extremely articulate in the detail and natural timbre of the recording. I was always really impressed with their particular vocal reproductions. I swear first time I heard them I was spooked that Frank Sinatra's ghost was in the room. My point? I think those are going to be a tough act to follow. How about the next model up? Or are you looking to save space? If you just want something different altogether but like those dynamics I would look at electrostats or maybe a multi dynamic driver. That is just my opinion it has been years since I heard the Avantgardes but I remember the way I loved the sound.
Mentioning the amp your using wouldn't hurt. If it's a low powered one, your options will be more limited.
I had Lowther Medallion II's with set amps and a sunfire sub. I never thought this system could be betteredbut my Magnepan 3.6r's are much better. Ithink going from horns to a great planar speaker like Martin Logans, Soundlabs or Maggies will do it for you