Klipsch speaker choices

Hello,
First post here but long time 2 channel guy. 

I currently have a system with Klipsch RF3 speakers and a crossover with stereo subs.  Sound is good but I think the highs and mids are still a bit edgy.  Bought a Schiit Aegir with passive preamp and see vast improvement.  All my interconnects and speaker wire have also been upgraded. I just listened to the RF7 iii but very briefly.  Initial impression is it was more laid back but I am wondering how that speaker sounds vs the Heritage box speakers.  I will probably listen to the Heresy 4 first but wondering if there is a difference in sound between the tower and the box speakers. 

I also have read about the Tekton speakers but am hesitant since I can't listen to them.  It is all over the place opinion wise about the Tektons.  The Klipsch Heresy are within driving distance for an audition.  They will have several models to listen to if I talk myself into going further up the cost ladder.  Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. 
128x128daledeee1
The Klipsch RF-3 are OK speakers, but really more home theater speakers than "audiophile" speakers.  The RF-7 are better, but still not in the same league with the Heritage series.  The Heritage series are a 3 driver design and have a richer sound and better constructed cabinets.  There's definitely a difference in sound quality. 

If you are looking for something more laid back, the Heritage series will be the opposite of that.  They will have better integration of the bass, mid, and treble, but will also be more dynamic, which to some ears equals "edgy".  

Your room and amplification will have a lot to do with how the Klipsch sound to you.  If you go listen to them at a dealer they are probably going to have a nice sound damped room and they will sound more laid back than they will in your room if you don't have any sound treatments.

The KLF Legend speakers are somewhat in between and if you can find a decent used pair of KLF-20 or KLF-30 would be a big improvement over the RF-3.  The cabinets on the Heritage series are a little sketchy and you may need to deal with loose panels on the back as well as consider some internal bracing if you plan to play them loud.  There are a lot of affordable upgrades available for crossovers and drivers from Bob Crites and others.  

I love Klipsch speakers and have owned RF-7, KLF-30, CF-3, CF-2, Heresy, RF-3, RF-5, and more, but if you think the RF-3 is too edgy, you might want to look at different brands.  Vienna Acoustics, Canton, and Harbeth (which are in a completely different league) all come to mind.
I should restate.  I think most of the edginess comes from recording variations and loud listening levels.  The Schiit has brought good imaging and improved the sound immensely.  I think the other brands would be good except my amp puts out 20W@8ohms.  The bi-amp sends 100Hz and below to the sub so that does lighten the load on the main speakers.  The room has the suspended ceiling with drywall all around.  I have never looked at room treatments but am not opposed.  Thank you both for the great advise.  It sounds like you have a hard to find experience with many different models.