What Class D amps will drive a 2 ohm load

Just asking.

I see specs into 4 ohms but nothing into difficult speaker loads (like Thiel CS5's).

Thanks for listening, 

Dsper

dsper
Hi joysjane,

FWIW as it might not be the same animal, I have a five year old W4S ST1000 and it could play Maggie 3.6's loud but with no control of the bass.

It had trouble with Thiel CS3.6's and was a joke with the CS5's.

In my set-up, a Coda CS (300 WPC 8 Ohms, 600 wpc 4 ohms) did much better but got constrained/harsh with the CS5's at higher volumes.

My current amp, a McCormack DNA-500, is effortless with the CS5's. Any change now would be to eliminate my perception that I think I still hear a bit of grain or there is a lack of the sound coming out of a black silence. Based on listening to a X350, Pass might be better but they are hot and huge.

Again, FWIW.

Thanks for listening,

Dsper

It had trouble with Thiel CS3.6's and was a joke with the CS5's.

So the Icepower 1000ASP had trouble with Thiel CS3.6. Well, they are a tough load through most of the frequency range.

The 1000ASP should have an easier time with the Thiel CS3.6 than the 1200AS1/2 since the ratings are 2.0 ohm minimum load and 40 amps peak, vs 2.7 ohm and 38 amps peak for the 1200AS1/2.

The 1200AS2 didn't pair that well with my Wilson Watt/Puppy's. If you compared the 1200AS2 to my Class A amps, it was no contest really.

To be honest, I'm not sold on what @cascadesphil is saying about his EVS1200 amp being suitable for his Thiel CS3.6 speakers(based on Icepower 1200AS1 modules). I suspect he is using subwoofer's and this is masking the issues. It's too bad he never had a decent amp as a reference point to compare. Both his previous amps weren't sufficient for those speakers either. He should have paid attention to the Stereophile reviews for those amps as they were only mediocre. This is just my opinion. I'm sure the Icepower 1200AS1/2 do well with higher impedance speakers.

Oh hell no...
The Kappa 9's are my last pair of speakers.
Will be selling my Legacy-Audio Focus & Infinity Prelude MTS' some time in the near future.

My KSA Krell is great for the winter as we live in WY. I switch to the PL WOPL's for the rest of the year. They both make the Kappa 9's sing...
And they damn well better!
KSA rated to 4kw @ 0.5 ohm with the Claire Bros WOPL's testing to 513w per channel to 8 ohm.
That's over 1kw per channel @ 8 ohms of Phase Linear bi-amp power that's sweet as honey!

At eight-hunge for the two 1000's it's worth a go. 
I seriously doubt they can compete with my amps but, it'll be fun to see what Class D amps sound like w/the 9's.
I'm intrigued by the small package & lack of weight.
It's just a curiosity thing.

I'm pretty sure the Kappa 9's are gonna suck/inhale these two mono blocks half way into the speaker cables, good thing I have some large ones, and pull my power cables tight on the outlets!
Bahahahaaaaa......

Hey dsper...
Huh, don't those Class D amps have a Damping Factor of 1000?
That surprises me.
I would have thought they would start to get harsh on the upper mids and higher freq's.

To be honest, I'm not sold on what @cascadesphil is saying about his EVS1200 amp being suitable for his Thiel CS3.6 speakers(based on Icepower 1200AS1 modules).

Also this thread, we're talking with the CS3.5 Thiels, which are far harder to drive than the 3.6
Cheers George
I’m pretty sure the Kappa 9’s are gonna suck/inhale these two mono blocks half way into the speaker cables
Love it 1000ASP ICEpower module Class-D getting sucked up the speaker cables.

Like this
https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/150627043629-python-porcupine-exlarge-169.jpg