Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
Yes, either speaker would pair well with the Nova. Zu paired with Peachtree for their Holiday sales in 2010 actually, and for the price and flexibility, it would get you started on a very nice system with either speaker. Though, neither of these commonly show up used. However you can find Zu specials on EBay and the Tektons are right at $1000 new.
I have read the thread, and I am trying to get a handle on the sound. I like a live sound, but not with a thinness like single driver speakers seem to do. Does the Lore have some weight to the sound in the all important male vocal range? My room will be about 15 x 19...

Thanks!
Singleguy: yes, both the Zu and the Lore excel in the human vocal range. That is where they are at their best at least in my set-up.
Singleguy - I agree with Morganc. In my smaller (12' x 13') room I need to be very careful with placement of both Omen and Lore to avoid too much bass. I think you would be surprised at the 10" driver they both use. Big enough for a big sound, but still provides a lot of what a single driver speaker delivers. I don't find the Lores thin at all (nor the Omens which I no longer own).
Thanks Morganc and Sebrof - that is definitely reassuring. My room size will work too then I assume? To let you know where I am coming from, I have 2 sets of Tannoy HPD-385A drivers in 2 different cabinets (Arden, homebuilt). I'll keep one set and sell the other to fund the Lores...

I have 5 different amplifiers, including pure Class A solid state, 2 tripath-based amps, 300B, and conventional A/B solid state. I know that I will be able to get a good match with at least one of them, as all sound very good with the Tannoys.

Thanks for the input and information!