Linear tracking turntables, whatever happened?

Curious as to the demise and downfall of the seemingly short lived linear tracking TT.
Just from a geometry point of view I would have thought a linear arm should be superior to one with a fixed pivot that sweeps through an arc.
Obviously there is much more to it than that, sort of the reason for this thread.
I am genuinely interested in trying one out for myself as well.
128x128uberwaltz
UW
So the previous post dealt with the mechanical. We also have the electrical, and IMO, the Technics SL10's internal preamp quality and condition is suspect, and its artifacts heard in the more resolving system/room.

I can see the DIY Audiophile bypassing it, eliminating that "baggage", with a loom direct from the Cartridge to your reference preamp.

But a warning, as this Audiophile rabbit hole is akin to running naked through the woods.

Audiophile bears lurk...

Bergmann is NOT german. It is Danish......plug and play ttt’s (manual) there is also to mention: HOLBO, Pre- Audio and Zorin. The Zorin is about to be available in the US and EU late 2019/early 2020 - heard through the grapewines. .The concept and development of full automatic and good sounding ttt’s died with the compact discs entry. Models from B&O, Technics, Studer/Revox and ex. Pioneer are sought after and priced pretty high. IMO they are way better players than many mid priced overhypped manual decks offered today. Sorry guys not to offend anyone just sharing my experience. With the available technology today it is for sure possible to manufacture a killer full automatic tangential turntable. They will not show up yet because they are still milking the cow producing horrible high priced manuals. If I polish my crystalball I think that Technics or Pioneer would be the first who offer such. A revised Technics SL-10 / Pioneer P-1000 with or without riaa, revised tonearm, headshell etc. Sign me up :-)
Pivoting tangential-tracker tonearm by Thales shows more promise that conventional linear tracking.
Just fired up my old sl10 after seeing this thread brought back .
With the Adzen p mount cart in it now, I was pleasantly impressed again .
It resides in my PC room system right now but might have to try it again in my main rig now it has a totally different phono and SUT from the last less than satisfying trial.