Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
I have another very relevant point I want to make... some of you remember, I drove my Lores with 25wpc Quicksilver Mini Mites. It was a perfect match and my recollection of the sound was one that was about as perfect as it could have been. That was one SWEET system for $2K! I then had a chance to get the P-dragon at the intro price, and jumped on it... but to make room it meant stepping down in amps (a big gamble), and I then used a XindaK MT-1. The Xindak is also a very nice amp, but I never thought I had the same match as I did with the “Quicks”... although it was getting better by the day before I chose to go in this new direction. I think with 12 watts and mostly weekend listening… it was just taking a while to break the speakers in.

I now have a Marsh A400s driving my Greybeards, and I "think" I am back to a great matching system again. I have been blessed that most of the time when I make changes, I end up matching equipment well. But I have to say with the P-dragons it was a decent match but I just know it would have been a different animal with those Quicksilver’s... FWIW
ok after reading gpowered latest coment I DEMAND apologies from everyone who slammed me in the past on this thread!
Cwazz, I certainly think you get to gloat a bit, after following this thread (actually was interested in Zus not Lores). 6 weeks for the Pendragons, and then shunned for a decade old design from a company that's out of business. That might be a record! :)

Might be appropriate to update your review, Gp. :)

Ain't this fun?

John
Please understand there is nothing in my review of the Lore or the Pendragon that needs to be rectified. Let's have some common sense - NO $2,500 speaker is going to have $10,000 speaker build quality, but in case of the Tekton's they do rival much more expensive designs in sound! That's where Cwazz and I differ! I could have easily stayed with either speaker had I not chosen a different path. And a 10 year old design or not, keep in mind that the Greybeard speaker I have now retailed for $9K back in 2000, which means $15K today... and in allot of ways P-dragon beat it. It just wasn't the best speaker for my room. I think that is a tremendous testimony.

Here is the bottom line: regardless if the product is exceptional or just plain good, whether it is $1K or $20K, the newness always wears off and the temptation to move on to something else arises (some of us worse than others).

I for one am not afraid to make changes... I've been doing this long enough to know I can just as easily put another fine system together. Just ask my wife... lol.
09-03-11: Cwazz
"ok after reading gpowered latest coment I DEMAND apologies from everyone who slammed me in the past on this thread!"

NEVER!!

; )