Let me know your choice please

I currently have a Naim 5i integrated (with a passive front end) and would like to replace it with something "similar" - i.e....
- integrated - solid state
- 3-4 line level inputs - type: phono and/or XLR
- 50 to 100 watts (real watts)
- no onboard DAC/digital or phono required (just an amp)
- unit must not get too warm e.g. the NAIM runs at room temp
- much match or exceed the NAIM capabilities i.e. Bass control, dynamics, imaging, clarity
- must be available in Canada
- my snack bracket is in the region of $2500-$3500 cdn

Currently considering Simaudio Moon 250i and Musical Fidelity M3si/M5si products
- any feedback on these two brands/models would be helpful

Discounted Bryston - from what I have read they are a little too clinical and they are the more expensive option

Anyone know anything about Analogue Audio gear?

Driving: Gershman Sonogram speakers - sensitivity 89 dB @ 1w/1m, an Impedance of 6 ohms

Many Thanks in advance
williewonka
swapping without really having any issues can cause you to make mistakes. what's wrong with the naim? if you like the sound keep it
you are easy pray to salesmen when you don't know what you want
you will have to listen to simaudio or mf for yourself so you can tell if you like it .whether it matches your speakers will be a bit of a gamble unless you audition amps with them
 naim  are great amps if it's just about going to a newer model 
you can try new naim stuff.but since it's without a dac than what's to upgrade ?
sometimes old models sound better. i wouldn't pay 3k for something made in taiwan  .i'm using an arcam amp from the 90's sounds great i see no reason to change an amp that sounds good .once you change the amp to another brand a few things will change at the same time and it will never be the same .
To answer the two previous posts...

My NAIM amp 
- has an annoying THUMP when you power up
- seems to REQUIRE recapping about every 10-12 years at around $400

So I used to leave the amp turned on (also a NAIM recommendation) to avoid  the thump, but then the CAPS needed replacing after only 10 years of use

So why do I want to change -  when I received the NAIM back from the distributor I did not notice the power switch was in the ON position. When I plugged the power cable into the amp it blew one of the woofers.

Not that I am blaming NAIM for any of this - it was just an unfortunate happenstance - but would it have happened using a different amp that does NOT discharge into the speaker?

The other reason is I do not want to recap again.

I have had other receivers that are still running after 30 years and never had to recap (yet)

Bryston warranties their gear for 20 years - no recapping there

So why is the life of the caps selected by NAIM so short?

So I am looking for a replacement that powers up quietly, but sounds just as good, if not better

Thanks for the feedback

Just an FYI post...

Thanks for those who contributed to this thread - it helped a lot

I ended up purchasing a Bryston 135 integrated amp
http://www.bryston.com/products/power_amps/B135-3.html

My "fears" of a clinical sounding amp have been put to rest. It is very musical with deep controlled and detailed bass, amazingly clear top end and a rich mid section.

My biggest fear was "what if I didn’t like the sound", mainly because I had grown to really appreciate the sound of my NAIM 5i.in my system.

To my surprise the sound of the Bryston was not too different from the NAIM from a tonal perspective. The biggest difference was in the larger image that extended further back behind the speakers and also extended further forward behind the listening position with instruments and performers having more space around them

It controls my speakers with much more "authority", bringing to life some very deep bass notes that the NAIM was not able to reproduce.

From the Bryston web site...
The Bryston B135³ Integrated Amplifier is without question one of the most sonically transparent and reliable audio products available. It offers performance levels equal to the finest separate audio components.
I cannot vouch for this since I have never owned separates, but it is extremely good and I only have 6 hours burn-in completed.

From a technical perspective this unit is three amps in one box, each with it’s own transformer/powersupply - it’s much heavier than the NAIM.

It’s nicely finished and nicely laid out, but it’s not a "glamorous" looking unit, which suits me - after all I had a NAIM, which is basically a black box with a volume know :-)

My system, ;like me, is now completely CANADIAN !!!, with a few British bits thrown in for good measure...
- Gershman Acoustics Sonogram Speakers
- Bluesound Node 2
- Simaudio Moon Phono stage
- Audiomods Toneam (English) on my own DIY Turntable

The Bryston has made a significant improvement to my overall sound and in my listening room the synergy between the various components is extremely good.

I still like the NAIM 5i - it is a very good choice, but it should probably be used with a smaller or more efficient speaker - which would let it perform better than it did with my speakers.

Many thanks for all the feedback