Most annoying song, period.

Sorry if I'm replicating a thread.    I've been wanting to say this for years:  Rick Astley - Never gonna give you up.  What's yours?
shtinkydog
Paul Anka - Having My Baby.

My brother in law, back in 1979... as a projectionist at a theater... played that over and over and over, for the opening of every showing of ’Alien’.

No one in the audience knew why, at first...but they soon found out.

Higher Love by Steve Winwood.

I changed that one to "Bring me a rye and coke"....."think about it...there must be rye and coke"

My Sharona-The Knack

Cheech Marin redid that song

And to the op, the Foo Fighters rickrolled some +30k people. With Rick’s personal help...

That such fun can be had in this world...

Noble100 10-10-2019
... I discovered he was actually singing "Bird, bird, bird, bird is the word".
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your comment about "Surfin’ Bird," and for the link. The lyric is actually "bird is a word," at least in most places in the song, which I think is even funnier than if it were "the word."

Perhaps that lyric was inspired by a dance known as "The Chicken," which originated in the 1950s, and which the performer appears like he might be doing in the latter part of the video you and Geoff linked to. (The video, btw, is incorrectly titled "Surfin Bird - Bird is the Word"; just Google "Surfin’ Bird lyrics" for additional confirmation of that).

Best regards,
-- Al

That’s too bad, as that is some phenomenally righteous singing going on in that tune.

Try it some day (to sing it), or put pencils through your ear drums as someone tries to do it on karaoke night. As it is a very difficult bit of singing.

As for scary... how about.... anything done by Heinje? 

Or get a really really stoned passenger, in your car, on the highway..moving at a really good clip... and have a 1000 watt car audio system..and make them listen to Lauri Anderson's "In The Air"

I know, it's evil, but I could not help myself.... heh heh...