Paradigm persona vs. Monitor audio Platinum

Just listen to the paradigm persona 7h.the monitor audio Platinum 300 generation two are so much more three-dimensional and open it's not even funny the paradigm sounded very two-dimensional compared to the monitors that MPD Tweeter puts the beryllium Tweeter to shame.
urbie19
Gee Urbie you write like Bo, you talk about the six properties of sound, sounds a lot like Bo, also with the same fanatically beliefs that the Monitors are better than every other loudspeaker.

We feel that a well set up pair of Personas on warmer electronics, right source and cables do certain things extremely well and have certain advantages, very efficient, room tune able deep bass for the 9H, and they are extremely holographic, but do they sound better than a $120k pair of speakers hat are so much bigger no they are not, we do feel they compete with the speakers such as the Wilson Sasha, and the Alexia, but certainly not Grande Utopia or Scala Utopia level, nor Wilson Alex, nor Rockport Arakis either.

As per your ridiculous notion that the $119k Wilson Alex’s are bright, we heard them at CAP last year on a Krell Duo 300 and an Illusion 2 preamp and the sound was extraordinary one of the best sounds at the show.

We would not include either the Persona 9H or the Monitor PL 500 in that same class of huge image size, effortless dynamics, deep bass and smooth overall presentation, close but not as good. 

We would agree with you the the PL 500 do represent a fantastic value for a very large amount of sound.

Wilson’s are hardly bright sounding. The point that you made about hearing the Personas on a different system in a different environment shows you lack perspective, that doesn’t mean your heard the Personas setup correctly, the same way that any pair of high end loudspeakers can sound less than exemplary.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Sans Persona, indeed.  : )

And since I’m the one that started this forum, I can post on here as much as I like and if you don’t like it too bad!!!

David Ten we also love the Kef Blades, the Legacy Aeris, Vimberg, Rockport. Focal Utopia series, latest Wilsons. 

Just to think we only like the Personas isnt' the case.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ 
Post removed