Things that make you go, "Hmmmmm...."

the Muse was about $10k new years ago, I paid $650 for it on Audiogon

What CD player can I buy that will hold its value and not be near worthless in anything more than a few years?

New or used.

128x128millercarbon
Probably no such thing, but if I was to try, I’d be looking at a good transport. 
The range of experience across the worldwide interweb is so vast there is always someone, and usually more than a few, willing or able or possessing whatever it is, however unlikely. I mean, some years back there was a guy in Germany looking for people who would like him to kill and eat them. Police shut him down, but not before he had several volunteers.

So what? Are you guys kidding me? Or is it truly the case you all know digital is even less desirable than being slaughtered and eaten??

Seriously? There has not been even one CD player ever made people actually want? Even for looks?
I think this will be directly related to the price of used CDs. Personally, I can’t see them ever appreciating in value or making a comeback like vinyl, especially since we have access to an increasing cloud library of higher resolution digital files. Even more interesting is if we are at peak vinyl? I suspect we have 5 more years of growth and then a steady decline again. The reason being that in 5 years high quality powered, dsp-enabled speakers will be affordable and available from many consumer manufacturers. 
Peak vinyl. Good one.

Even more interesting is why you said, "higher resolution" instead of enjoyable, captivating, musically satisfying, or anything having anything at all to do with an actual reason any normal person would want to listen to it.

We all know there are tons of record players all over the place selling for the same or even more now than when they were first made 20, 30 or more years ago. Don’t even have to be that good. Plenty of run of the mill direct drive Technics that were $350 back in the 70’s fetching $400 today.

So. Seriously. There are no CD players you can say this about? None?? Anywhere? EVER???!