Help me build a $2,500 system

So, as a budget Audiophiliac, I’m looking to take the next step up the stairs. My budget is $2,500 but I’m thinking I will keep two of my current set up’s pieces, unless swayed otherwise, my Onkyo C-7030 CD player and Musical Fidelity V-90 DAC. 

I’m not opposed to completely restored vintage stuff or brand new. I just want the absolute best sounding set up I can have. 

My room is open to the rest of the downstairs and is roughly 15X15. 

I listen to mostly rock at low to medium volumes. I’m a stickler for well produced stuff and stream lossless as well as listen to well recorded CD’s and will choose my vinyl carefully as well. 

I’m looking for:

Amp/Receiver

Turntable (leaning hard to Pro-Ject Debut)

Speakers (prefer floors)

Cables

So, go to it and give me your best suggestions!  I greatly appreciate all input and opinions. 

Thanks all. 😊

34dean
I just want the absolute best sounding set up I can have.

You’ve not given us much to go on here, as you’re the only one who knows what the best sounding system is to you. What are the most important aspects of system performance, such as tonality, detail, bass, imaging/soundstage, warm/rich vs. neutral, vs. hyper detail/bright, etc., are most important to you? The more info you input here the better recommendations you’ll get.
Check out Steve Guttenberg's channel Audiophiliac on YouTube. Lots of excellent info to help out together a $2500 system that is musical.
Think about your long term goals.  Consider how much of a hurry you need to be in.  Recall the story of Mr. Tortoise and Mr. Hare.  If you want to move up the food chain, I'd recommend spending the whole $2500 on good electronics.  For that kind of dough, I'd say buy a used, high-value tube integrated amp.  Right now, there are solid offerings in this category for sale by VTL, McIntosh, Cary, and others.

Plug it in, and see how you like the improvement.  I'm going to predict you'll have great results.  You must have some kind of speakers lying around, so just use those for a while.  If you're not in fact in a big hurry, don't be so impatient as to split your funds between too many components, because at the lower price ranges you'll not be very happy.  Next time you get $2500 or more, spend it on some decent used, full range speakers.  Lots of deals available in that category.

Turntable: unless you have a lot of LPs or a lot more money than you're indicating, I say don't do it.  At least not yet.  Stream and play CDs, and you'll be fine.  

Good luck!