MoFi Ultradeck or Technics 1200GR

I’m rather new to vinyl but long time audiophile with good system. 
Looking to purchase a good turntable (within reason), best bang for the buck and have narrowed to these 2 choices. 
Hoping the analog community can give me some direction or advice on new Ultradeck or new 1200GR or something better if I’m missing the boat. 
I’d prob get a Master Tracker cartridge for the Ultra or a _______cartridge for the Technics (or in other words I don’t have a clue) . 
Thanks,
Bill
mr_bill
I purchased a Mo Fi Ultra Deck + M . In my system it is very transparent and dynamic and not laid back or rounded off at all. Obviously, It depends on your system and cables. 
I'm assuming the OP likely made a decision by now, but I'll weigh in if others find this thread.

I also demoed both at the same dealer, and we used my Sutherland 20/20 on both tables. I did not have the luxury of having the same cart in both, but I also told the dealer to pick the carts he felt paired best with each within my budget, and I was judging on an "out the door" package. Obviously the same cart on both is ideal, but I'm a consumer, not a reviewer. I was looking for the table that would work best for me and my system.
The UD was paired with the MasterTracker.
The 1200GR was paired with the Hana SL.
I took 5 records with, and we did one track from each on both tables.
Associated gear with BAT amplification and Rockport speakers. I don't remember on all the cables.

I also agree with @avanti1960 - the GR was a little more dynamic and detailed, while the MoFi was more laid back. What's interesting to me was that the MoFi seemed to really play best to older recordings and acoustics, while the GR stood out with modern and more synth/electric music. I can see the argument that to some the UD would feel a little loft at the top, but I don't feel it lacked detail. And to me, the GR felt a little overly analytical and etched at some points. The attack from the piano on one track stood out as somewhat unnatural to my ear, but that was only because I was in an A/B and really nitpicking. To be fully honest, they were both excellent, and each had their own trade offs. And yes, some of the sound differences could have been attributed to the carts, I get that. 

Remember that system matching is important as well, and for me that's what it came down to. My system already runs bright, and I felt that the GR set up was going to be too aggressive and somewhat exaggerated/artificial sounding in my system. I came home with the UD, and I have been extremely happy for over a year now. Everything still runs great and sounds great.

If you can demo, that's the way to go. Pick the table that works for you!