Is dedicated PreAmp with Oppo 105 needed?

I think I've a decent HT setup but still feel there's something missing. I watch movies 70% & listen to music 30%.

Since Oppo provides pretty clean sound, wondering if upgrading to a dedicated PreAmp will make any difference. If it does, what would you recommend in say $1000-$2000 range? I intend to bypass the Video & connect straight to my Plasma on HDMI 1.4a.

Thank you!
----------
LRC Speakers: Tyler Acoustics Linbrook System II
Surround Speakers: JBL S312
Amplifier: Parasound Halo A51
BD:Oppo 105
Tape Deck: Nakamichi RX-505
Room: 16x18+ with some open area, so sound can bleed
hitsofmisses
Based on @atmasphere & several others suggestion, I've dropped the idea of getting a HT PreAmp. 

For a while, I explored the idea of getting 60s & 70s Fisher Tube receiver/ amplifier. However, since I don't have experience troubleshooting (I can do soldering), I would not like to get stuck with a set of expensive, dead equipment that I cannot use. The repairs on this can go upwards of $500 + Parts + S/H. 

Instead, I'm thinking of spending extra upfront & getting a used tube Stereo PreAmp or an Integrated for around $3000. It will sit in-between the Oppo 105/ Nakamichi Cassette Deck & Parasound Halo A51 Amp. 

Based on all the positive reviews, Atma-Sphere would be my first preference. However, they're very hard to come by used & definitely haven't seen anything in my budget. Apart from that, I've also read positive reviews about PrimaLuna, VAC, Conrad-Johnson, Audio Research, McIntosh, Cary Audio, Stanely, etc. They all have some good & some products to avoid. 

Any recommendation on Brand or a specific model over others?
If you can do single-ended one preamp in your budget is made by Don Sachs.  Another is made by Backert Labs
Schiit Freya Plus. Return privileges if you don't like it.  I'm betting you'll keep it.

Tom
@atmasphere: I looked at both the sites & the price of their products. Don’t you think I’ll get more value for my money by getting a used VAC or CJ or ARC products then paying the same amount for a brand new product from them?

@tomcarr:  I don’t think Schiit products are in the same league.