So many great golden era DD tables out there, what do you recommend for $1000?

Pretty much as the title says.
Have been looking for a while for a decent DD table to add to my lot.
Have bought a few lower end ones and ultimately been dissapointed.
Now I know there were/ are literally hundreds of choices from the Japanese Golden era of DD tables.
Looking for suggestions from actual owners of solid DD tables up to about $1000 .
I have read and read but nothing substitutes for real experience.
This would likely not be my primary table, my Garrard 401 has that position for now.

Thank you.
128x128uberwaltz
Many moons ago I had a Kenwood KD-500 and Kenwood KD-600. Both of them are outstanding tables! Check the Ebay listings, you should find one within your budget!
@uberwaltz

I am sure that the turntables recommended in this 3ad are all manual.
You can always opt for a Technics Sp10 MkII if you have patience to wait for your budget to reach the sum to buy it.
Keep in mind that the SP10 II not has special IC electronic components that are still on the market in the event of failures it does not have proprietary or specific ICs for applied that model like other turntables; this allows even in future years to find spare parts in case of problems.

However an extraordinary maintenance just purchased any vintage turntable must be taken into consideration and performed if you want to be at peace with yourself by removing all problems for many years; I always do that in the vintage turntables I buy and I feel protected.
Dear @uberwaltz : You don't have to go " vintage " when you have the new Technics line with coreless motors and very good tonearms:

https://www.technics.com/us/products/grand-class/sl-1200-series.html

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
Raul.
I wish I could get a new Technics sl1200 at my budget but not possible I fear.
I think the sl1200gr is $1700 ?
I've never had the opportunity to compare PL-70 and PL-70L II, so best-groove may have a point. But it's difficult enough to get either of these tables where I live.

I know that newer isn't always better. But I do wonder why Pioneer gave up on that MU-70 motor for the PL-70L II, apparently for an inferior alternative. Cost reduction is usually the reason for such alterations. But if so, why go through the trouble of also redesigning the tonearm? Not cost reduction it seems, as the newer design has interchangeable carbon fiber arm pipes similar to the P3/P10 tonearm. Unfortunately they also included an automatic arm lift, which is a feature I don't like.

Of course the P3 or P10 is the perfect solution. Their best motor and best manual tonearm combined in a much more substantial chassis. By all accounts they still compete with anything out there, both new and vintage. But alas, not for $1000......