Robert Hunter unfortunately has died

My youngest just gave me the news. Bummer, another talent gone
boxer12
Such a long long time to be gone 
And a short time to be there

Fare Thee Well 😢

Anyway, for anyone wanting some more Robert Hunter lyrics, they are available on the Jim Lauderdale album. A chance for Dead fans, who may not be aware of Jim, to acquaint themselves with him. He comes from Bluegrass, a music Jerry loved (I bought the Old & In The Way album when it was originally released, admittedly more for the playing of David Grisman than that of Jerry---Garcia was okay at it, not great) .I take Robert and Jim each wanting to collaborate with the other as a sign that they both respect one another artistically. Good enough for me!

To see some interaction between The Dead and The Band (hey, it wasn’t I who brought them into the conversation ;-), as well as Janis Joplin and others, watch the Festival Express documentary.

Just for the record: I don’t "tout the singing voice is everything" (I like Johnny Cash and Dylan ;-), UNLESS we are talking about harmonies. I like mine sweet, not sour. While I’m at it, I’ll also admit I consider The Band far superior to The Dead (and just about all other R & R bands) in terms of ensemble musicianship. But that’s not The Dead’s forte, just as 30-minute long "songs" are not The Band’s. Different horses, different courses. But all this has nothing to do with Robert Hunter, so back to giving him his due.

Take Robert Hunter's lyrics out of the Grateful Dead's success story and it would be very interesting to see how things would have turned out.

Good to read these (mostly) gracious words about Robert Hunter.
His words and the Dead’s music are woven into the fabric of many lives.

Reach out your hand if your cup be empty
If your cup is full may it be again
Let it be known there is a fountain
That was not made by the hands of men

Let there be songs to fill the air