Has anyone upgraded from an AudioTechnica ART9?

How does one make the upgrade?  My expecations for buying a $2-$5k cart are through the roof. 

Before the ART9 I used an Ortofon 2M Black. 
128x128jbhiller
Dear @johnss  : """  forget LOMC carts from some of the holly grail brands... ""

why should any one do that with out testing/evaluated different cartridges?

You said " ( no names ) but this is the really important issue in your post so if you can share with us the information/first hand experiences you have, it's of true interest to every one.

R.
I strongly doubt that "many thousands" of the very expensive higher power Pass amplifiers are sold, if you're speaking of a single model.  If you take total production over the last years, maybe.  Otherwise, I agree.
Johnss, No one I know has ever heard the ART1000.  Have you?
Magico is a typical modern day speaker. It loves to be driven by quality high power solid state amps. I have heard some of the best installations of Magico and it always shone through with a nice and proper 500 watt amp.
Dear @pani  : Speaker efficiency/sensitivity of 91db like the Magico I listened means that you can get 91db SPL at 1 meter with 1watt and 91db is high volume for any one.

Speacker impedance curve is other parameter to take in count but as I posted I did not be aware of any problem where  I can tell the amp was in " trouble " handling the Magico's.

R.