What just happened to accepting Paypal?? looks like they are trying to drive us away

i may have over reacted... for some reason PayPal wants to drive me into a business account. Looks like the fees are the same so not sure what that is all about, I'm just suspicious by nature

If you switch to a business account which is pretty easy you get a merchant ID, enter it here, and move on. If you don't want to do that then they make it very complicated to fill out forms, etc. I gave up and switched to business, made up a bogus business name and am moving on...
herman
On PayPal transactions there is a fee,  typically 3% for domestic transactions.  If the customer wants to return the item bought paypal credited the fee they charged you back to the customer as well end result being that the customer would get a full refund.  

As of the middle of next month this goes away so a full refund is not happening.  Later on they will probably tag on a fee to refund the money as well.

Good Listening

Peter

Peter
You are correct.
Just another reason to avoid PayPal altogether.
At this rate I will go back to waiting and sending a USPS money order in the mail!
my experience so far

tried to list an item accepting PayPal and was required to get Merchant ID... tried to do it without "upgrading" to  business account but the process is so convoluted I gave up and upgraded... listed item and sold it a few days later via PayPal and the money is in my PayPal account

so I would say so far so good but I, like some of you, am very skeptical about what the next step will be as I can't believe they are doing this without some other motive, which seems to me will involve extracting more money from me